PDA

View Full Version : Looking to unlock E38 ECM flashed with HP Tuners

02Z06
December 20th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I have an E38 ECM which has been flashed/locked with HP Tuners. Who can unlock this ECM

or is it toast? Thanks Jim

JCA
December 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hi, not sure were ur located, but ross (pcm tech) will most be able to help u his in melb austraila, shoot him email if he hasn't shut up shop for xmas. regards Jason

Tordne
December 21st, 2010, 06:46 AM
Generally a locked ECM can only be unlocked if you know the lock key. Ross (GMPX) can unlock them but I'm assuming you're going to be in the US in which case shipping to Australia might be more expensive than buying another E38 ECM.

02Z06
December 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the information. I was not sure if it could be done. Jim

ScarabEpic22
December 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM
Have someone with HPTuners unlock it? But if you have to pay for credits to do so, its cheaper to buy a new E38 and not hassle with it.

GMPX
December 21st, 2010, 03:04 PM
Have someone with HPTuners unlock it?
That won't work unless it was the actual person that locked it, any other person using EFILive or HPT will be in the same boat. It's not the HPT custom OS that is the problem.

odd boy
December 21st, 2010, 05:56 PM
where is ur location? if you r in the middle east, I can return it stock for you to preserve people rights.

Chalky
December 21st, 2010, 07:41 PM
I believe Jesse, Wait4me, can unlock a locked pcm? Last I knew he could!

ScarabEpic22
December 21st, 2010, 08:41 PM
That won't work unless it was the actual person that locked it, any other person using EFILive or HPT will be in the same boat. It's not the HPT custom OS that is the problem.

Ah I thought it was a COS issue, not a seed/key lock. If thats the case, then either the person/cable needs to be used to unlock it or a new ECM.

Tre-Cool
December 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM
I've done a entire write of a clean OS onto an existing hptuned e38 before. Obviously the seed/key were still intact.

turbo_bu
December 22nd, 2010, 06:15 AM
I've done a entire write of a clean OS onto an existing hptuned e38 before. Obviously the seed/key were still intact.

I am guessing that this was done using a Tech II?

wait4me
December 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
If they use a custom os then it will be locked. The only way to unlock them is to send me the computer and i can open it up and read out/put it back to stock for you and fix the seed/key area.

I only charge $35 + shipping for this service. It will save you from having to purchase a new e38.

Tre-Cool
December 22nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
nope. just did it in efilive. it definetly wasnt a standard calibration as i could suck it out but not see it.

so i just did a entire write with the factory cal and went from there.

attached is the file i sucked out. maybe the efi boys might be able to take a look at it. :hihi:

And the factory cal i wrote back in.

GMPX
December 23rd, 2010, 01:32 AM
Obviously we can't support HPT's custom OS's in our software.
However, the check we have in the software now that confirms the OS you are about to flash in to an E38 is not about to kill it also includes the HPT OS's numbers for when you want to return a non locked ECM back to a factory OS. So if you do come across these and need to return it back to a factory OS, just choose a file and try to flash, if it's a mismatch we will tell you.