PDA

View Full Version : GMPP LS2 tune help

Brads_rs
December 21st, 2010, 08:12 AM
I have a customer who purchased an 07 GMPP LS2 crate motor without harness/ecm and is putting a 4L65E tranny behind it. He wants me to build the harness and program the ecm and tcm. My question is which ECM should i use E67 or E38? And what tune should i start with. I have been going through all the tunes on holdencrazy and cant come up with a combo that will work, even thought of changing segments around to get a base to start with but i'm finding that getting the right OS to switch between segs is kinda hard. any help would be great. Thanks

Taz
December 21st, 2010, 11:37 AM
Hello Brad,

Take a look at the Supported Vehicles List (categorized by PCM / ECM) on the EFILive homepage. This will at least help you decide what make / model of vehicle might suit your purpose.

I have never taken the time to count, but at first glance it seems more OEM models that came equipped with the 4L60/65/70 are in the E38 camp.

A Forum member (vette5797) put together pretty much the same combination (LS3 / 4L65) you are considering, and used an E38 / T42 combination. He might be a good resource to consult.

Regards,
Taz

Brads_rs
December 22nd, 2010, 02:28 AM
A Forum member (vette5797) put together pretty much the same combination (LS3 / 4L65) you are considering, and used an E38 / T42 combination. He might be a good resource to consult.

Thanks, I will try to get in contact with him.

gmh308
December 23rd, 2010, 12:48 AM
I have a customer who purchased an 07 GMPP LS2 crate motor without harness/ecm and is putting a 4L65E tranny behind it. He wants me to build the harness and program the ecm and tcm. My question is which ECM should i use E67 or E38? And what tune should i start with. I have been going through all the tunes on holdencrazy and cant come up with a combo that will work, even thought of changing segments around to get a base to start with but i'm finding that getting the right OS to switch between segs is kinda hard. any help would be great. Thanks

We have a proven tune that we use with customers for E67/A4. PM if you are interested. Might save you some time. :)