PDA

View Full Version : problems turning off P154D and P154B

n2brk
December 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to help my buddy Denny get rid of these codes, and they just persist! I've tried turning them to X:not reported, No MIL - and I have tried selecting Non Emissions, MIL off.

Both times, the codes don't show up on "current DTC's" but they do show up when you search all modules for DTC's. Also, his Edge doesn't find them but his Snap-On does!!

Denny is going to the dealer for a remote start problem, and doesn't want any DTC's to pop, so I'm not 911 but am in a hurry to help him out.

Suggestions?!

Thanks!
Wally

bballer182
December 21st, 2010, 03:56 PM
I figure your working on a LMM since those codes don't exist in the LBZ.

the only thing i can suggest is that there are 2 "Non Emissions, MIL OFF" choices. try both...

E35's are really weird when it comes to DTC's trust me i know...

n2brk
December 21st, 2010, 04:02 PM
I believe ya!!!

Yes, LMM - sorry.

I didn't try both, thinking it was just a typo to have it listed twice. I'll give that a try and hope it works.

Thanks,
Wally

killerbee
December 26th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Codes will prevent remote start. Irony?

n2brk
December 26th, 2010, 05:53 AM
no dice. Tried it all. Still stuck with P154D and no-worky on the key fob autostarter... fudge.

Trying to look up wiring schematic now to hopefully trick the sensor. Dunno what else to do!

Wally

n2brk
December 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM
well crazy enough, the codes are not preventing the key fob from starting the truck. The BCM was not configured properly from the stealership, and it starts just fine now... even with these codes that I can't clear. So, the long and short of it is that I can't get rid of the codes, but they weren't the root of the problem and appear to be benign. Oh well, at least the problem is solved.

realbamma
December 4th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I too are having the same problem codes are there but light is off and it remote starts ok.
Tim Adams

Mitco39
April 27th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Ever get these codes to disappear?

n2brk
May 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM
no dice - but still working correctly and remote start still ok.

THEFERMANATOR
May 14th, 2012, 10:40 AM
In the BOSCH ECM you can set it so that the codes will not show up under any condition except under an all modules DTC check. I've went through this with an LBZ and an LMM. Even though I tried everything, certain codes wil lstill show up when you do an all DTC check, but a regular OBD2 scan will not show them. I just chocked it up to a quirk in teh fact that we don't have access to the portion of the tuning that actually sets the code, but rather we just set it to ignore it per say.

rcr1978
January 1st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Is this still a ongoing problem for everyone? I've got the two codes list above (P154B & P154D) plus some other lovely ones P0405 & P02E8 that refuse to go away. No MIL or problems but they show up and the they all set to X: Not reported, No MIL also tried the other choices with no luck.

Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 2nd, 2015, 04:02 AM
They will not go away, from what Ross has explained to us is that the BOSCH ECM has multiple ways in which it triggers a DTC Code, some have multiple instances of the same DTC and the software can only display one of the instances of the actual DTC.

So if I understand correctly what Ross has told us is that killing one should kill the light but is may still show up in a "ALL DTC" check and not a "Current" or "Pending" DTC check.

Those are very typical of what I call "ghost codes" and they seem to cause no harm.

Tony

rcr1978
January 2nd, 2015, 04:26 AM
Cool thanks Tony that's kinda what I figured.

n2brk
January 3rd, 2015, 03:01 AM
Since posting, I deleted my EGR as well (also LMM), and it's the same story. They're there but not a problem.

Now that I did this and my 40 over injectors, I'm just starting to appreciate how many little ghosts/quirks there are in the LMM. There must be a bunch of "hidden" tables!

Mitco39
January 19th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Stumbled on this thread. I am having the same issue with 2 LMM trucks actually. Has anyone figured out a way to get the IAH and Throttle valve codes to settle down? Maybe try setting the value from Not reported, No mil to non emissions MIL off? Maybe a different OS will settle the ecm down?

If they were ghost codes I wouldnt have much of an issue with it, but they are still tripping the light on this particular truck as well as a persistent 0405 code.

BigTexas68
January 20th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Stumbled on this thread. I am having the same issue with 2 LMM trucks actually. Has anyone figured out a way to get the IAH and Throttle valve codes to settle down? Maybe try setting the value from Not reported, No mil to non emissions MIL off? Maybe a different OS will settle the ecm down?

If they were ghost codes I wouldnt have much of an issue with it, but they are still tripping the light on this particular truck as well as a persistent 0405 code.

I haven't had any issues with dtc's from them. I just looked at my tuning and I have them set to X: Not Reported, No MIL. They are in the dtc enables list multiple times and all of them have to be turned off. Do you read the codes with a v2 or from the scan tool? Sometimes the v2 doesn't show the codes the scan tool will.

Mitco39
January 20th, 2015, 03:24 PM
On this particular truck I think they are pending codes and its a glowplug code that is the one actually setting the light. Which if thats the case then its nothing to worry about. Wont know till we get the glowplugs changed on the truck and confirm the light stays out.

blklmm
January 21st, 2015, 02:39 PM
Which o.s. are you guys using?

BigTexas68
January 21st, 2015, 03:05 PM
I'm using the 8594