PDA

View Full Version : Error $0331

RULEMKR
December 22nd, 2010, 07:21 AM
I keep getting this code($0331) everytime I try to download an engine tune to my vechicle. If I try and download trans tune it gives me a $0536. I'm using autocal and the vechicle is an 06/A6 corvette.

Tordne
December 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
For AutoCal support you need to go back to your tuner (who provided you with the device). While people here can help you any change to configuration not prescribed by your tuner may limit their ability to provide you with the service(s) you've engaged them for.

I can tell you that the $0536 error indicates that there is a configuration issue with your AutoCal (not linked to your tuners FlashScan V2 device), or the file you are trying to flash has not been saved correctly (not saved for remote flashing). You can provide those details to your tuner which may assist them.

Cheers,

Blacky
December 22nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
I keep getting this code($0331) everytime I try to download an engine tune to my vechicle. If I try and download trans tune it gives me a $0536. I'm using autocal and the vechicle is an 06/A6 corvette.

The $0331 error is an intermittent timing problem that occurs when reflashing the E38. We are working on a fix for it and expect to have an update available before New Year.
Meanwhile, if you keep trying to flash it may eventually go through - assuming you get the $0536 issue corrected first.

Regards
Paul

RULEMKR
December 22nd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks. I'll try that.

Chuck CoW
December 27th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Paul and Andrew...

I've logged into this fellas computer today and remotely tried to flash this with V8.

His unit is "linked" properly and I'm wondering if "ZIPPING" his files before sending them to him might have caused the problem.

I prepared a new .ctd of the trans and passed it to him and then it allowed me to license the controller.

So far I've been able to remotely license the controllers with V8 and flashing either the E38 or T43 causes errors I've not seen before....

Any thoughts?
Chuck CoW

UPDATE: Not sure why, but finally got the trans to license and flash... Engine still give s the code $0331

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\T43_W.obj
Virtual machine started
Script loaded
Script verified
Trying standard key
Initializing Boot Loader...
Verifying Data File
Erasing controller...
Script exited with code $0331: Request Out of Range ($31).

RULEMKR
January 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Still no luck with the E38.

RULEMKR
January 18th, 2011, 03:23 AM
The $0331 error is an intermittent timing problem that occurs when reflashing the E38. We are working on a fix for it and expect to have an update available before New Year.
Meanwhile, if you keep trying to flash it may eventually go through - assuming you get the $0536 issue corrected first.

Regards
Paul

Still can not get the engine controller to accept a tune after numerous attempts; Are there any other updates or possible solutions to this problem?

Tordne
January 18th, 2011, 06:11 AM
For AutoCal there is no other solution just at this moment. When attempting the flash you are best to allow the E38 ECM to power on, wait for 10 seconds, and then attempt the flash operation. We will be putting out a beta release for our closed Cummins beta testing soon. I am just n the process of testing every single controller that we support with the new software and firmware. This release will be 'Beta', but with the comprehensive testing program we hope that it will be robust.

Chuck CoW
January 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hey Andrew..... I've spent a ton of time with this customer and until today he was not able to flash the E38 with autocal or V8.

We've been getting the $0331... We tried EVERYTHING, firmware, scripts, etc...with no luck.

So, today I re-saved the file for "remote flashing" and it worked perfectly. I don't even think it asked us to license the controller...

It just WORKED...Weird.

Chuck CoW