PDA

View Full Version : Where is my V7?

Boost
December 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I got a new laptop and downloaded both the V7 and V8 as recommended. The V8 looks great but I can't find the V7?? Where did it go? How does this work? Do we still use the V7 for some things and the V8 for others? (and where did my downloaded V7 go). Thanks!

joecar
December 27th, 2010, 09:43 AM
The V7 install should have left Scantool and Tunetool icons on your desktop. Re-install and see if they show up.

V7 is still used for:
- viewing logs, creating maps,
- viewing/editing calibrations,
- logging/scanning/bidir using laptop,
- flashing using laptop.

Boost
December 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I have only V8 icons on my desktop. Will re-install now to see if maybe it was the order of installation? Really want to make this work, I will NEVER be "half-assed" in 2011 :) So get ready for many questions from mr. Torque South, my good friends! :)

Boost
December 27th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Well instead of re-downloading V7 I just extracted it again, and it's fine now. I have the latest updates on both versions and eagerly looking forward to the fix for build 139 after the Christmas break so I won't have to downgrade to build 133, since I have LLY customers. Thanks a lot for the detailed response Joe, as usual! Without you guys, the only way I'd be flashing is in a trenchcoat... :)

Looking great on the new mini laptop I got from my wifey for X-mas so far! I am so glad I got into this in 2006, I remeber we were waiting for LBZ support haha!!!

GMPX
December 28th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Sorry to say we've had a couple of recent reports of LLY programming issues with build 139. It seems the VPW communications in the latest releases is still having troubles.

ScarabEpic22
December 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Does that include P10? I still cant pass thru flash with V7.5 (or BBF, but V8 pass-thru works).

Boost
December 29th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks ok! :) I know you guys are working on it. At least we have the option of going back to build 133 until then, fair enough. Keep up the great work and Happy New Year!!!