PDA

View Full Version : Ready for WOT/PE

pavetim
December 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Ok i'm ready to start tuning for WOT and PE as to where I want to richen it up. What do I have to turn off/change in the tune in order to do this? I am just gonna put my WB into one of the stock O2 sensors so need to know what to turn off cause obviously won't be able to use the narrowbands. Thanks again.

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Tim,

Do you have your VE and MAF tables corrected (does wideband AFR equal commanded AFR)...?

If not then follow the AutoVE procedure.

Otherwise, if so, then set the PE table to a suitably rich AFR (12.6-12.9 for naturally aspirated), and verify you see this on the wideband.

If you have dyno time you can fine tune the AFR for best torque.

Yes you can put the wideband into the stock O2 sensor bung... the LC-1 can emulate the NBO2 signal: you connect the yellow wire to NBO2 signal hi, and the green or white wire to NBO2 signal lo, you set analog channel 1 to default (AFR curve looks like a sharp down step) using the LM Programmer software.

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah my VE and MAF are pretty good, I followed the CalcVE tutorial with the narrowbands cause I didn't have my wideband. Now I have my wideband and want to accomplish the PE/WOT. What table would I change the AFR to what i'm lookin for? And what table would I need to change to alter the PE turn on time? I think the stock tune turns PE on at 90% tps. I would like to taper the AFR from say 50% TPS up to 100%. Say for example at 50% throttle, 50Kpa MAP, 2800rpm i'd want 13.5AFR, then 75% throttle, 65Kpa MAP, 3500rpm i'd want 12.9AFR. Rough numbers but you get the point. Or do I just go back and do the AutoVE tutorial even though I already did the CalcVE one?

WeathermanShawn
December 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM
pavetim:

As I said previously, if you are keeping the MAF and staying closed loop, just plot the AFRBEN vs MAF Frequency. Table B3616 controls the TPS % to enable PE Mode.

You are just trying to compare Commanded Fuel Vs MAF Frequency. As Joecar stated, keep WOT/PE AFR at ~12.6 AFR or 1.16 EQ.

Its simple to do..:)

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Set B3616 to 65% TP below 3600 rpm, and to 35% TP above 3600 rpm (i.e. a step down shape).

Set B3618 to AFR 12.6 all across.

Make sure your LC-1 is programmed for stoich being 14.7 or same as your B3601.

Some of us like working in EQR; for gasoline stoich 14.63 (EQR 1.00), the AFR 12.6 is EQR 1.16 as Shawn said...
the LC-1->V2 connection gives you these pids:
- WO2LAM
- WO2EQR
- WO2AFR (based on the stoich AFR programmed in the LC-1)
- WO2ST (operating status of LC-1).

For E10 the stoich is 14.1 or 14.12.

When working with Lambda or EQR, stoich is always Lambda 1.00 or EQR 1.00

EQR = 1 / Lambda

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Ok cool think you got the 65% and 35% mixed up though, don't you want 35% from 0-3600RPM then 65% from 3600RPM and above. Ok now if I change B3601 to 14.12 cause I think thats all we have around here is E-10 or at least some ethanol, i'll have to change all the commanded AFR to 14.12 and reaccomplish my tuning right?

WeathermanShawn
December 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
You don't want to set PE Enable to 35% for a low RPM or it will kick in just going up a hill. Joecar had it right. Higher TPS % for lower Rpm's and a lower TPS for higher RPM's.

You can set B3601 to 14.124 AFR. Whatever you do I strongly urge you to set B3618 to an EQ setting (preferably 1.16). Otherwise your head will swim with nothing but confusion and questions. Setting it to EQ will alleviate a lot of headaches.

Technically if you tuned with the same brand of gas, you will not have to do a lot of additional tuning. Just monitor the LTFT's and if they change adjust the MAF accordingly. We are only talking a 4% difference in Fuel mass at most..

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Ok yeah makes sense. I'm just used to my diesel, it cruises at 45mph at like 40%TPS lol. Ok i'll look into the tune and try to set to EQ. I"ll probably just leave it alone, it's only a V6 so not makin much power to worry about the 4% fuel mass, probably will just confuse me more right now.

WeathermanShawn
December 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Agree..

Just leave it alone for now. Otherwise you have to re-set your wideband to read 14.124 as stoich..It gets very complicated, though ultimately it is important.

Since you just tuned with the same type of gas..I think you can just leave the tune as is for now..:)

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 05:47 PM
You can set the tunetool fueling units to display in EQR instead of AFR or Lambda... then all the commanded fueling tables will display in EQR units (e.g. PE at EQR 1.16 is sufficiently rich for acceleration under load for most fuels).

the serial wideband reports WO2EQR1 and WO2LAM1 which can be used in a calc pid to obtain wideband BEN (correction multiplier for VE and MAF)...

the BEN is the ratio of commanded EQR to wideband measured EQR:
BEN = commanded EQR / wideband EQR = commanded EQR * wideband Lambda

see attached calc pids file.

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Can you check out my pids and see if there is anything I need or anything in there I can get rid of, i've been piecing them together from info from you guys. And if you guys have any fancy diesel pids i'd like that too LOL. Changed calc pids txt, other one got jacked up.

WeathermanShawn
December 28th, 2010, 06:40 PM
There are various methods of Tuning for PE Mode.

I utilize Joecar's Calculated PID (BEN) and plot it vs MAF Frequency. I utilize the PE Mode Filter shown in my example. I then just copy..paste and multiply into the MAF Calibration Table B5001.

Works out perfectly that way regardless of fuel choice..

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Since i'd be tuning for PE i'd set my filter to filter out non-PE data right.

WeathermanShawn
December 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Correct.

You can set up Filters to include or exclude data. The example I have will filter just for PE Mode..be definition it excludes non-PE Mode.

The beauty of PE Mode Tuning is that you really don't need to filter out other parameters (especially if you do it all at WOT). There are really no transient parameters at 100% TPS. I try to do it all in 3rd or 4th gear (M6) so you can avoid a shift..that you might need to filter out...