PDA

View Full Version : Can't get LC-1 to connect

pavetim
December 27th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I it says no WB detected. Now I noticed going throught the tutorial when you change COM-IN and COM-out in the flashscan, I noticed there is only one, forget which one it is, but both COM's aren't there. Could that be the problem, and why?

mr.prick
December 27th, 2010, 11:51 PM
What firmware are you running?
You should be able to open the scan&tune and set everything up with the software,
then upload the settings to the V2.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/whitespar/V2_WBO2_Settings.jpg

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Yeah I did that part Mr.Prick but when you hook it up to truck and go into the flashscan to F4, F1, F1 and it says to put COM-IN to WBO2, and COM-OUT to WBO2 mine only shows a Com Port Wide-O2, and I have the Ser PIDs set to yes. Do you actually need the wideband pids selected in the flashscan just for it to show you have a wideband hooked up?
Firmware 2.07.04
Bootblock 2.07.01
Build V7.5.6 build 139
Build V8.1.2 build 127
Oh I just put in tlal the proper wide band pids and it still don't show the COM-IN and COM-OUT, I don't know if thats the problem, just saying what i've noticed thus far.

Taz
December 28th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Take a look at the thread below ... its long but there is a lot of good information about connecting an LC-1.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14279-Wiring-L92-with-O2-sensors

Regards,
Taz

L31Sleeper
December 28th, 2010, 06:53 AM
My first LC-1 was Defective, I sent it in and their tech support said it was a dud.
Use the LC-1 PC cable and see if it works that way.

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Tim,

Setup your V2 as shown by mr.prick in post #2 above... remember to click the Program button (with V2 connected to PC/laptop).

Check this:

LC-1 SERIAL OUT --> LC-1 serial cable --> null-modem adapter --> V2 serial cable --> V2
LC-1 SERIAL IN <-- 2.5mm blank terminator plug

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Do I need the V2, LC1 and laptop hooked up in the truck? Or can I just use the V2 and LC1? I ordered cables but I made my own from 2.5mm phone to RJ25 (6pin) per your diagram Joe. I even swapped the Tx and Rx and it still shows no WOB2 detected. I got a Volt meter and checked the plug after I pulled the sensor and I get voltage there (I used a cigar ligther adapter).

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
You can use just V2 and LC-1... but first you have to setup the V2 to recognize the LC-1 (Innovate wideband type).

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Tim,

Did you plug in the 2.5mm stereo style blank terminator male plug into the LC-1's SERIAL IN female jack...?

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I got a Volt meter and checked the plug after I pulled the sensor and I get voltage there (I used a cigar ligther adapter).Which plug...?

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 11:48 AM
The plug think it's 5 wire that the actual sensor goes into. Ok Joe as far as I know I did everything correctly, got everything wired up right, got power, I went into setting on flashscan and set it up like tutorial said, even went into EE and set it up there. I went to Diagnostics and looked at external sensors, and set it up for 0-5V, it looked like one might be there but then went to data logging and display WBo2 and nothing, went to free air calibrate and said nothing there. I tried to swap the Tx and Rx just incase it was wired wrong, and nothing. So I have no clue. When I had it hooked to my PC it kept giving me an error for something saying no real time data available or something like that.

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 11:57 AM
It's under serial/digital wideband... you don't setup 0-5V because it doesn't use the analog inputs.

Did you plug in the 2.5mm stereo blank plug (did it go all the way in...?)...?

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Using S&T setup V2 for serial/digital pids (in S&T goto F6:Logging)... this will produce the pids shown in the other thread relating to PE.

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Yup Joe I had it checked to auto detect all analog, and all serial pids. I got the pids i need for WB, i'll double check but i'd say yes the terminator plug is all the way in.

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Do you have a pic of the terminator plug plugged in...?

On the V2 there is a screen for displaying the wideband AFR/Lambda/EQR... you should see it showing the values from the LC-1 in real time (LC-1 and V2 have to be powered).

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 05:51 PM
WEll I pushed as hard as I can to the point was worried bout breaking it so I know the terminator is plugged in all the way. I can get a pic, but I know it's in all the way. Should get my new cables from Ira pretty soon, so if it still don't work then, i'll really have to worry about it. Although wring up that phono to rj25 isn't hard so don't know why it wouldn't work. Thats the only thing I can think of but I followed your diagram and used my multimeter to test continuity just to make sure, and it is wired 100% per your diagram.

joecar
December 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Double check the continuity, make sure the pinouts are correct.

How are you powering the LC-1...?

pavetim
December 28th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I spliced in a cigarette lighter I cut off from a air pump I had. And I checked that too I cut the wires and plugged it in, then I used my meter to make sure what wire was getting the power. I spliced the Red wire from lc1 into the power wire, and then the blue and white wires spliced those into the ground wire. Some of the pics aren't that good but the RJ phone end the pics show it with the lock tab facing down right, or not shown when looking at it, if that makes sense.

joecar
December 29th, 2010, 08:47 AM
In the pic of the RJ12 pinout, the lock tab is facing down (on the opposite side of the face shown in the pic).

pavetim
December 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah I got it wired right maybe its a bad lc1 if it donte work when I get my cablea from iran ill call innovate

joecar
December 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Can you connect to your LC-1 from the LM Programmer software using the LC-1 serial cable...?

pavetim
December 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I have logworks CD that came with the kit, that the same as LM programmer? I tried to connect it to my PC and it kept coming up with an error about no real time data when I hit connect. I'm gonna go to best buy and get a belkin usb adapter just so there are no problems, don't know if the adapter I had worked with it.

pavetim
December 29th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Whats wierd, don't know if it's normal but I selected to WB pids today so i'd have them on my V2, and did some logging on my truck today (NO WB yet), and the pids that were on my V2 for the WB had number in them for example the AFR showed 25:1, i don't remember the numbers but it had numbers for all of them, EQ, AFR, lambda etc. but never showed I had a connection.

joecar
December 29th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Innovate's website has a download for the LM Programmer software (it is different that LogWorks).

joecar
December 29th, 2010, 05:24 PM
A high AFR like 25 means there is no connection to the LC-1.

L31Sleeper
December 29th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I can't say for sure but I bet it's bad.

pavetim
December 30th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Got my cables from Ira today and it's the same thing. I took the sensor off the controller and verified power, i'm getting 12V to one pin so sensor is getting voltage, now sure if i'm supposed to but i'm getting almost 2 volts on 2 other pins too. I verified contiunity of all the cables. I'm gonna run to best buy and get a usb to serial adapter and see if I can get it to work on my laptop. If not it's either a bad lc1 or bad efilive V2 but i'm leaning towards lc1.

joecar
December 30th, 2010, 11:08 AM
+1 bad LC-1.

pavetim
December 30th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Yup seems that way won't connect to PC either. Tried to download lm manual and says check serial and cabeling. If I start log works with nothing connected it says no serial port available, but when I connect the lc-1 it says no real time data connected download lm log lol. But the lm log download fails. Bad timing now too cause innovate is probably closed till monday argh. Hope my serial to usb adapter works, bestbuy don't sell the belkin ones anymore, the only one they had was dynex so hope that works.

mr.prick
December 30th, 2010, 11:58 PM
The LC-1 is powered up when trying to connect, right? :nixweiss:

pavetim
December 31st, 2010, 02:03 AM
I can try that so power it up before connecting to pc or v2

mr.prick
December 31st, 2010, 02:40 AM
:hihi:

It must be powered up to connect. :doh2:

pavetim
December 31st, 2010, 06:13 AM
Yup still donte work. Innovate must have one damn of a holiday scheduled I called them yesterday and today, no answer argh.

pavetim
January 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Yup finally got it back after fighting with them. But it was DOA so they sent me another unit and it works. Ok now to hook up to laptop do you need a null modem adapter? I know to the V2 you do but it still won't connect to laptop, so was wondering if you need a null modem adapter or if my serial to usb adapter isn't working.

joecar
January 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Tim,

Connecting LC-1 to Laptop (for running LM Programmer software):
LC-1 serial OUT -> Laptop
LC-1 serial IN <- terminator

Connecting LC-1 to FlashScan V2:
LC-1 serial OUT-> null modem adapter -> V2

(the terminator is the 2.5mm blank stereo plug)

You must set the V2 serial comms setting to Innovate Wideband.

joecar
January 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Sounds like your serial/USB adapter is not working.

mr.prick
January 19th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Sounds like your serial/USB adapter is not working.

Or the drivers for it aren't installed

JoshH
February 12th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Tim,

Connecting LC-1 to Laptop (for running LM Programmer software):
LC-1 serial OUT -> Laptop

Connecting LC-1 to FlashScan V2:
LC-1 serial OUT-> null modem adapter -> V2

(the terminator is the 2.5mm blank stereo plug)

You must set the V2 serial comms setting to Innovate Wideband.This is probably a dumb question, but do you have to do all the serial settings in the S&T for the V2 even if you are doing pass through logging on the laptop?

mr.prick
February 12th, 2011, 10:27 PM
You can change the settings in the V2.
F4> F1> F1

joecar
February 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Josh, yes, even if you're doing passthru... you can set the serial settings either thru S&T, or from the V2 keypad as mr.prick pointed out.

JoshH
February 13th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys. I got it working. I appreciate the info.