PDA

View Full Version : need a log file for M6 with after market clutch while fast shifting

wesam
December 31st, 2010, 10:17 AM
Need a log file for M6 with after market clutch while fast shifting
thanks in advance

WeathermanShawn
December 31st, 2010, 10:45 AM
wesam:

What exactly are you looking for? I have dozens of actual log files. I don't know if the LS7 clutch qualifies as 'aftermarket', but let me know.

I shift fast, but not like I am racing..Here is quick screen-shot of a part-throttle 3rd-4th gear shift from a few weeks ago. Let me know if you need the entire log file..

wesam
December 31st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks a lot Shawn i need some thing better than the LS7 clutch i have it now and i feel that its slipping so i want to compare what happened after releasing the clutch with any after market clutch
i like the way and the smoothness of the LS7 and don't want to put some thing stiff but i have to now coz I'm in the 520+ whp area

WeathermanShawn
December 31st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Gotha..

Yes, you certainly have upped the HP on that vehicle!

Hopefully someone can post a log. It gets a little slow this time of year. Hardly anybody is driving their vehicles in the U.S. right now..Very cold and snowy.

Maybe one of our 'down-under' friends can help out..:grin:.

SirNemesis
January 1st, 2011, 02:05 AM
I don't think my quick shifting is very impressive, but this is the best I have. Hopefully it is useful to you.

Sid447
January 1st, 2011, 08:45 PM
Need a log file for M6 with after market clutch while fast shifting
thanks in advance

If you are running any Holden derived M6,

with any clutch assembly and you haven't modified the factory clutch fluid line (it has an in-built restrictor to purposely limit the speed at which the clutch will mechanically work) ....then your problem isn't tuning, it's mechanical.

There is a mod-kit available for this, which cures the problem.

wesam
January 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
what i noticed and i want to know if it will be solved by a good after market clutch that after each shift ( after releasing the clutch ) the speed will go up then down then up again as we can see in each 0.5 sec after shifting in Sirnemesis logs

wesam
January 2nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
I don't think my quick shifting is very impressive, but this is the best I have. Hopefully it is useful to you.

nice car in the second Log what kind of power it put down ?
as i can see its FI car

SirNemesis
January 2nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
nice car in the second Log what kind of power it put down ?
as i can see its FI car

It was putting down about 400rwkw. Standard 6L with a big turbo, but that run was actually the end of it.

http://web.aanet.com.au/~sirnemesis/Statesman/Engine/piston7b.JPG

I'm building a 390ci engine at the moment.

wesam
January 3rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
i saw 4 degree of Knock in your last run what cause it
as i can see the timing is low and your A/F is good ( never exceed 11.6 )

Tre-Cool
January 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'm guessing it finally let go from the 14+ psi of boost getting jammed down it's gob. Yike's.

I've got a screen shot of a log from my vy ute which has an l98 and harrop hh122 well past it's efficientcy range but i think i managed to get away with the high IAT & timing due to injecting methanol into the intake.

http://www.vyssute.com/downloads/track-log.PNG

mind you in saying that. i have the same blower/engine combo in my ve running almost the same boost/timing without the meth.