PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 accuracy and reliability

ahyu
January 1st, 2011, 06:05 AM
Those of you who are using the LC-1, how do you feel the accuracy has been and also the reliability. I would be using it with the V-1 version so I assume I would have to use the analog output.

Thanks,
Kevin

Chevy366
January 1st, 2011, 06:38 AM
The LC-1 has been great for me , V2 , I had the V1 and sold it and got the V2 .
With the V1 it was no problem to operate (analog) and gave good data , V2 is so much easier to use seeing it is built to use the digital input .
Just remember GROUND is important , ground to the engine , I think the V1.10 firmware stops the grounding issue by not letting the device power up if grounding is not correct (earlier firmware would let unit power up and it would pop a diode) , but all in all a good unit .

mr.prick
January 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Aside from a couple of buggy firmwares & replacing sensors every 1 - 1 1/2 years,
I've had no problems with my 4 year old LC-1.

For analog connection you will need to match the PID expression to your stoich AFR to insure accuracy.

TAQuickness
January 1st, 2011, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the forum ahyu!

I've run a dual LC-1 in the past. Great bang for the buck, but as noted, they are sensitive to proper installation.

GAMEOVER
January 2nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
I used my LC-1 for 2 years with no problems...(after I sold it) new owner has used it everyday since for a Year with no problems at all...

ahyu
January 2nd, 2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks, all for the replies

L31Sleeper
January 2nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Besides getting a BAD unit from the get go (which they quickly replaced) it's been all good for me.

Make sure it's powered up every time your car/truck is running, I burned a sensor that way

joecar
January 2nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Make sure power/ground connections are good.

AVOID shorting either of the yellow or brown wires to anything that is not an input circuit
(i.e. avoid shorting those to: ground, power, chassis, each other, other wires).