PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed ASAP!!!

beagle804
January 6th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Hello all. This is my first post here at EFILive and am hopeful someone can give me a quick hand or point me in the right direction.

I have a 2011 Silverado 2500HD with the 6.0 engine. It is controlled by an E78 ECM. I've been working with Justin from Black Bear Performance on getting a tune. So I did some data logging for him and he supplied me with a modified file. I just tried loading this file and am at a point where I don't quite know what to do.

One thing to say up front is that the Autocal comes to life as soon as I plug into the truck irregardless of whether or not the key is in the ignition or not.

I used EFI Explorer to put the tune onto the Autocal. I then hooked the Autocal up to my truck and turned the ignition to "on" but NOT started. From the Autocal, I selected Prog #1 which showed my tune from Justin. After pressing OK to license the Autocal to my VIN, etc., the read out on the Autocal advanced from 0% all the way up to 100%. It then changed the display to read "Ignition Off NOW!". So I turned the ignition off and removed the key. That was 5 minutes ago and the display has not changed.

I'm afraid to to disconnect and afraid to try starting the truck for fear of messing up the ECM. Any ideas or suggestions as to what I should do next?

GMPX
January 6th, 2011, 07:52 AM
You should be fine.
It's a little confusing because the OBD-II port on the truck has power applied to it all the time, so turning the key off won't turn power off to anything plugged in to it.
If it got all the way to 100% it sounds like it's all good and you should be right to start the engine again.

Cheers,
Ross

beagle804
January 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks! I went out, disconnected the AC, cycled the key position to on/off, and then it started right up!

GMPX
January 6th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Very good, hope the tune works out well for you too.

L31Sleeper
January 6th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Aren't AutoCal customers supposed to get support from their supplier......:grin:

L31Sleeper
January 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
That was a Joke........seems like I was the only one laughing.....

GMPX
January 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Yes, but maybe Black Bear was at lunch? I just happened to log on just as it was posted.