PDA

View Full Version : AutoCal WBO2 - Just an idea

L31Sleeper
January 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I know there was much controversy about the AutoCal not having a serial input.
So I was browsing the Innovate web site and found this

Software and Hardware Integration Tools
LogWorks 3 Software Developer's Kit
The Innovate MTS (Modular Tuning System) SDK makes it easy for Window's programmers to
input data from Innovate products directly into your application. The SDK "hides" the complexity
of the MTS serial protocol, allows you to write device-independent programs, be future-device
compatible, and work seamlessly with LogWorks 3. Download here.

I know you guys are super busy but it would be cool if the data could be streamed
from LogWorks to EFI Live.

Thanx
-Justin

mr.prick
January 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
WBO2 or another analog device can be logged though the EGR or A/C input in the PCM. :lookaround:

L31Sleeper
January 9th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I know that is part of old thread.......thanx anyway

Highlander
January 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I know there was much controversy about the AutoCal not having a serial input.
So I was browsing the Innovate web site and found this

Software and Hardware Integration Tools
LogWorks 3 Software Developer's Kit
The Innovate MTS (Modular Tuning System) SDK makes it easy for Window's programmers to
input data from Innovate products directly into your application. The SDK "hides" the complexity
of the MTS serial protocol, allows you to write device-independent programs, be future-device
compatible, and work seamlessly with LogWorks 3. Download here.

I know you guys are super busy but it would be cool if the data could be streamed
from LogWorks to EFI Live.

Thanx
-Justin

That was what I suggested on another thread.

L31Sleeper
January 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM
OK so how do we get'er done ??

Tordne
January 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
At the risk of being a downer I don't think this is something that will be on the to-do list anytime soon. The AutoCal (rightly or wrongly) was designed and specified to not include a serial (or analogue) wideband connection. Please also consider that while Innovate is likely to represent a reasonable proportion of what customers are using it is just one of many wideband controllers that are out there.

L31Sleeper
January 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Andrew you have NOT hurt my feelings.......I just figured I would share the info I found

Tordne
January 10th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Andrew you have NOT hurt my feelings.......I just figured I would share the info I found

Thank goodness :)

Ira
January 11th, 2011, 07:18 AM
It would be no harder and probably easier to just support the Innovate serial data stream directly. It's well documented and while I have issues with the layout, it works just fine. But, Autocal was not designed for that purpose and I'm guessing it's not likely going to happen.

Ira