PDA

View Full Version : Any way to speed up?

pavetim
January 9th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I did some tuning this weekend, and flashed a DSP5 to my brothers 06LLY. To flash the tune/OS it took over 10min. Is there any way to make it quicker? I do my LB7 and takes like 3min at most.

Dmaxink
January 9th, 2011, 02:53 PM
That is because you had to full flash for the dsp5. Just a cal flash (as I assume you were doing on the lb7) does not take but 2 or so mins. Full flash times are longer but cals aren't and the process really doesn't change Just make sure you have "high speed" selected

GMPX
January 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Shouldn't take 10 minutes on a full flash anyway, are you setting it to high speed mode?

pavetim
January 12th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah it's checked for high speed. the try alt is not checked. I even flashed from the dsp5 back to stock tune and still took over 10 min.

GMPX
January 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Something isn't right. There might be something else on the databus causing lots of interruptions resulting in EFILive having to retry writing the same thing many times.
Even so, as the other poster asked, are you just doing cal flashes when tuning? On the LLY you only need to full flash when changing to/from a DSP OS.

pavetim
January 13th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Yeah i was changine to a DSP tune for him and it took over 10 min. We had other issues, and I had to full flash from the DSP back to the stock tune, and it still took over 10 min.
I full flashed a dsp5 into my LB7 and it still only took like 3 min so thats why I was figuring something was up. I know the LLY/LBZ will probably take abit longer but over 10 min is crazy.

GMPX
January 13th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Yes 10minutes is 'crazy', it's also not right, it should not be that slow.

pavetim
January 14th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I know it's running slow and more than 10 min, i think it's like 13min lol. Anybody got any idea as to why or how to fix it?

pavetim
January 15th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Reflashed the tune today again and it was like 12 min. I looked at the file size and it was like 2472K, WOW should that tune be that big? My LB7 is like 512K or something like that. Thats why it goes so slow, cause it's so big.

ScarabEpic22
January 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
2472k is 2.41.. MB so about 5x the normal size for a LLY tune file. The LLY ones I have here are all around 672kb, is that the stock tune you pulled out of the truck? Can you flash the stock tune back, then read it out using V7 and again using V8. Then report back, but that is really weird the tune file is 5x the size it should be. No out of range errors or anything?