PDA

View Full Version : e 67 ecm is 12628090 supported?

akgravelpumper
January 11th, 2011, 08:13 PM
This ecm is on a marine 6.2 lsa motor it is an e 67 ecu the # on the back is 12628090
any help or info if I can tune this motor with efilive would be greatly apreciated
thanks

ScarabEpic22
January 11th, 2011, 08:38 PM
If its an E67 its supported, LSA is the CTS-V engine which is most definitely supported. If it has a weird OS that EFILive hasnt seen, you can pull the tune and send it to support so they can create the proper files. But considering that the CTS-V/LSA engine has been around for 2+ years now, Id bet money EFILive already supports it.

akgravelpumper
January 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks erik,
I just wasn't sure if this OS was supported, I guess worst case I could reprogram it to a cts v OS and then delete all the unecessary stuff ??

Taz
January 11th, 2011, 11:57 PM
It sounds like your E67 ECM is a GMPP variant. If so, the OS will be proprietary (i.e. a non-production OS) - but will probably still be tuneable via EFILive.

There are a few threads on this Forum regarding the challenges / issues in using GMPP ECMs. The operating systems are generally configured for analogue gauges, and the “systems folder” will probably be empty - which means you cannot configure Tach / fans / VATS parameters - as you normally could with a production OS.

Not sure if this answers any of your questions …..

Regards,
Taz

GMPX
January 12th, 2011, 12:03 AM
The part number on the back doesn't help determine what OS the ECM is running. Your best bet is to just read the ECM with EFILive and see if it comes up supported.
I just started working on the new E-Rod tune someone sent in the other day, it's on an E67 but not the same OS as the GMPP ones.

gmh308
January 12th, 2011, 12:16 AM
This ecm is on a marine 6.2 lsa motor it is an e 67 ecu the # on the back is 12628090
any help or info if I can tune this motor with efilive would be greatly apreciated
thanks

Is the ECM black or alloy colored? :)

akgravelpumper
January 12th, 2011, 06:48 PM
alloy
The engin wiring harness does not apear to have a standard obd2 conector, the only visible diagnostic conector is a six pin connector with what I belive to be a green and yellow can pair and a 12v+ and ground. how wouls I go about connecting to this motor?

ScarabEpic22
January 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Can you make a bench harness and then hook your V2 to that? Thats probably easier to do unless you want to try and connect the proper wires to the OBD connector for your V2 (wouldnt recommend) temporarily.

gmh308
January 13th, 2011, 02:55 AM
alloy
The engin wiring harness does not apear to have a standard obd2 conector, the only visible diagnostic conector is a six pin connector with what I belive to be a green and yellow can pair and a 12v+ and ground. how wouls I go about connecting to this motor?

Sounds like the marine connector. Do the green and yellow pair go to the middle two pins? C & D? B to ground. A to 12V?

Easiest to order in a 16 pin DLC connector and cross connect from the 6 pin to the 16 pin and then the V2 can hook right up.

If it does have a marine tune in it, it'll be interesting to see if it communicates with the V2. They run J1939. Dont know if the V2 runs that. :)

GMPX
January 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
It's probably not going to work, I believe the MEFI-5 which is E67 hardware is just that, E67 hardware but custom MEFI code that has nothing at all in common with GM's code.

ScarabEpic22
January 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Ah I didnt realize the MEFI-5 looks like an E67, I know the MEFI-4 looks different than a regular GM PCM/ECM. Huh, so they (Mercury Marine?) writes their own essentially COS for the E67 hardware and uses that? Dang, wish there was a way to know if it used the GM basecode with a different OS, but that'd be too easy right?

GMPX
January 14th, 2011, 06:22 PM
It is totally different, very much simplified from the GM production ECM's. I recall someone once told me they also run a different CAN speed to the normal E67.

gmh308
January 15th, 2011, 12:27 AM
The MEFI5 runs a 250kb/s CAN with J1939 (truck) OBD compliance. There seem to be differing views on the OS etc from similar to GMPP to totally different. Interestingly it runs all the regular GM V8 port allocations. It has the ability to run both cable and ETC based throttle, plus other marine features (like GPS based speed control) and supports marine emissions compliance requirements - cats and O2's. :)

Highlander
May 19th, 2015, 04:27 AM
I wonder if this is what its used in the COPO camaro?

kidturbo
July 24th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Also interested in diving further into this.

Know this thread is a few years old, but has anyone done further research? Like is the main connections in the marine harness pinout same as the automotive E67 ?? If so, swapping in a standard E67 unit could be an easy way to open up EFIlive tuning options.

I've successfully ran the E60 ECM "Duramax" with DSP5 (and others) in a boat for years.. Adding a GPS to pulse signal on the VSS input allowed for fine tuning speed related tables. So if not enough interest to make EFIlive work on the marine version, maybe swapping ECM's is the fix...