PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure gauge crazy after tuning

BigTex
December 14th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Vehicle is an 03 Tahoe 5.3L. Prior to its first tune, I downloaded and installed the complete current 7.3 EFI setup ( EFILiveV730_314_456_329.exe (http://www.efilive.com/downloads/software/EFILiveV730_314_456_329.exe)). I've made 3 total flashes to it with only minor changes to the spark and shifting tables, nothing else.

A day after the first tune was installed, I noticed the oil pressure gauge showed 0 psi but would slightly move higher under heavy throttle. I plugged in my laptop and the PCM shows between 45-75 psi depending on throttle. The next day, the gauge showed maxxed out at 80 psi while idleing. Scanning still showed normal pressure. For the past few days, its been back to 0. I've never had an issue with the oil gauge before flashing it. Its a bone stock vehicle. Any thoughts?

Bruce Melton
December 14th, 2005, 07:39 AM
I have noticed on a few occasions when I am out doing several reflashes for PE AFR that occasionally I loose all my C5 guages. If I reflash again they come back. Try it?

MCG
December 14th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Whenever I get done flashing a C5, that last thing I do is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then "reboot" the entire car. The problems inherent with the dash oddities all seem to correct themselves on the reboot.