PDA

View Full Version : tuning help!!!

hnaskoct
January 12th, 2011, 06:57 AM
a freind of mine is tuning my m6 c6 corvette its stock. it has an ls2 with ls3 heads and intake. but it also has ls3 injectors which are bigger than the ls2 injectors.ls3 are 39lbs aND the ls2 are 33lbs..well i need someone to tell me the formula are how to get the correct formula to ghet these 39lbs calibrated to my car...its an 06 setup and he said that the flow chart numbers are different from later years because it shows the numbers in the negatives and 08's dont show it like that.im no tuning guru im just trying to explain what i was told...so can someone plz help with this tunning issue...

Taz
January 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM
In B4001 (Injector Flow Base) copy and paste the values from an LS3 tune, into your LS2 tune.

I take it you’re running an LS3 intake, if so the Intake Manifold Volume (B8036) needs to be changed to the LS3 value.

If you purchased the LS3 manifold and injectors as a kit, then you are probably also using the LS3 MAP sensor. The values of B2101 and B2103 will be different – copy these values from an LS3 tune.

There are several LS3 tunes on the Holdencrazy site available for download, as a point of reference.

There are probably a few more subtle changes required – Gen III guy – definitely not a Gen IV expert.

Regards,
Taz

eficalibrator
January 12th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Don't forget to also update the short pulse adder and injector offset vs volts tables as well. These will have a significant impact upon injector performance at idle and cruise. You may find that the breakpoints on the tables changed between LS2 and LS3, so you'll probably have to do some interpolation to get a good fit. Even so, interpolated data will perform better than just leaving the LS2 offsets and adders in there.

hnaskoct
January 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
im not using an ls3 map sensor im using the ls1/ls2 map sensor

gmh308
January 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
hey there im new to this forum and also new to tuning but im trtyring to learn to my best ability... i seen some of your answers in post and i can see that you know exactly what your tyalking about..well can u help me with my stock tune so i can have an idea of whats really going on...its a stock c6 corvette m6 06 with ls3 heads intake and stock ls3 39lb injectors..the ecm is 06 so its looking for 33lb injectors..so that needs to be calibrated and all my other restrictions thats all. im so fasinated with this tunning stuff im just ready to treally see whats going on...i can email u my stock tune if u dont mind..just let me know ,i would appreciate it thanks

Hi Kenneth,

Re your PM above: You havent set your account up to receive incoming PM's.

So adding the answer in to the post:

If you get a same year LS7 tune and copy over all the injector parameters that should pretty well do it for you. LS7's ran the 42lb injectors and should have the same table layout. If not c'mon back.

Cheers.

hnaskoct
January 13th, 2011, 04:34 AM
i dont have an ls7..its an ls2 with ls3 top half..would i be able to email my tune to u are someone that could help me with this....

joecar
January 13th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Hi Kenneth,

The LS3 and LS7 have the same injector tables... copy as many injector tables as you can... some injector tables need to be interpolated to fit your LS2 file.

Please post your tune file here.

joecar
January 13th, 2011, 05:05 AM
See post #22 in this thread: showthread.php?14825-Moving-from-Vortec-MPFI-poppet-design-to-EV6-injectors (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14825-Moving-from-Vortec-MPFI-poppet-design-to-EV6-injectors)

gmh308
January 13th, 2011, 05:13 AM
i dont have an ls7..its an ls2 with ls3 top half..would i be able to email my tune to u are someone that could help me with this....

You can mail to tuning@lsxworks.com if you like. You do have LS7/LS3/L76 injectors. :)

joecar
January 13th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hi Kenneth, please post your tune file here.