PDA

View Full Version : Question about B0505

wesam
January 12th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I want to know what is B0505 used to ?
and if i should enable it or disable it in my tune ( OLSD ) ?
thanks in advance

WeathermanShawn
January 12th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I know in closed-loop it is kept at disable. But in closed-loop your Purge Cannister regularly releases evaporative fuel gases.

In open loop my understanding is that your Purge Canister does not regularly purge. I think I recall a few threads where some tuners kept it enabled. Do you smell gas fumes, especially when it is colder outside (depending on climate)?

You can also log GM.EVAPDC to see if you are purging normally.

Does anybody know for sure? I would be interested to know also..

joecar
January 12th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Purging in OL means running rich until fumes are all purged.

Not a problem in CL because of trimming.

wesam
January 12th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Purging in OL means running rich until fumes are all purged.

Not a problem in CL because of trimming.

Its now enabled i don't know why
when i checked the stock tune from holdencraz.y.com it should be disabled
so i want to know if i should keep it enabled and what will be the down side if i disable it ?

joecar
January 13th, 2011, 12:02 AM
My opinion is to disable it.

Sid447
January 17th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Wesam,

It's better to assume most of the holdencrazy tune files aren't 100% un-touched.
The tune files labeled (Middle East) in Holdencrazy were sent by me and I can confirm they are 100% as GM made them.

A 2001 Middle East Lumina SS came from the factory with an Open Loop Maf-tune and you will find {B0505} is enabled in a stock 2001 Middle East tune file.

In fact on holdencrazy, the tune file 2001, Commodore (Middle East) sedan, automatic; is actually a 2001 Caprice file but was mistakenly labelled on arrival.

If you need a stock 2001 Lumina SS-A4 file for reference, I have one here.

wesam
January 17th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks Steve for step in
my car is Lumina SS coupe which had an M6 transformation but my tuner did not install a full M6 tune before he tuned the engine so when you checked the file you saw it has 4l60e
OK now do you think i should keep the B0505 enabled for my OLSD tune or i should disable it ?

Sid447
January 17th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Wesam,

IMO for OL, I would leave it enabled.

Like you, my car was originally an A4, as there was no M6 option in 2002. I had it converted to M6 in late 2003 (the first LHD conversion done outside the factory).
I run SD Closed Loop.