PDA

View Full Version : Tow/Haul Mode

87gmc
January 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
On trucks such as mine I understand that the performance adjustment in the tuning software is the performance button. Think it possible to adjust the peformance value for hard shifts and things of this nature when button is active. Just a thought

Drake
January 18th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Speaking of "don't know if it's possible or not", I wonder if it would be possible to set the CAGS/CARS light for shift light use. Oops... thread hijacking again, I guess.

GMPX
January 18th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Speaking of "don't know if it's possible or not", I wonder if it would be possible to set the CAGS/CARS light for shift light use. Oops... thread hijacking again, I guess.

Yes it sure is, Holden did it :)
Can only be done on a Manual trans though.
I am sending Rick some Holden files, in there will be an example.

Cheers
Ross

GMPX
January 18th, 2005, 03:44 PM
On trucks such as mine I understand that the performance adjustment in the tuning software is the performance button. Think it possible to adjust the peformance value for hard shifts and things of this nature when button is active. Just a thought

For sure, on my own car which has a shift kit, it allows you to really turn down the wick on normal shifts, but make it a real chirper in power mode.
Does your truck have a power mode button?.

Cheers,
Ross

87gmc
January 18th, 2005, 03:48 PM
It had a tow/haul mode button. I was told it could be edited in Flashscan under performance on the trans side. If this is so i would like to adjust so i could have solid shift at the touch of the button.

Know anywhere I can go to learn on how to get firmer shifts. I do searches on ls1tech and various other sites but no luck.

Drake
January 18th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Cheers
Ross

Woh... Perfect, I'm running an M6. :mrgreen:

Will that be up on the .tun page soon??

Too bad someone hasn't figured out a software two-step. :(

GMPX
January 18th, 2005, 11:38 PM
It had a tow/haul mode button. I was told it could be edited in Flashscan under performance on the trans side. If this is so i would like to adjust so i could have solid shift at the touch of the button.

Know anywhere I can go to learn on how to get firmer shifts. I do searches on ls1tech and various other sites but no luck.

Before my shift kit I changed tables D0701 - D0702, as a test, increase it by 10% in the power mode column and see how it feels.
NOTE: This was good for about 3 months then the trans started to go sour......from this??, maybe, I just know it turned it from a slushy shift into a chirper after increasing these values.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
January 18th, 2005, 11:40 PM

Cheers
Ross

Woh... Perfect, I'm running an M6. :mrgreen:

Will that be up on the .tun page soon??

Too bad someone hasn't figured out a software two-step. :(

Drake, what is your car?.
I had to resend the files to Rick, there was an issue with the Email.

Maybe a step by step how to for this one isn't a bad idea.

DON"T ENABLE IT ON AN AUTO!!
The output is shared with a shift soleniod.

Cheers,
Ross

Dirk Diggler
January 19th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Post the instructions I want to see this in action......
Does this work for M6 F-Bodies

Thanks.

Drake
January 19th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Drake, what is your car?.
I had to resend the files to Rick, there was an issue with the Email.

Maybe a step by step how to for this one isn't a bad idea.

DON"T ENABLE IT ON AN AUTO!!
The output is shared with a shift soleniod.

Cheers,
Ross

Step by step would be perfect... I have a 2002 Trans Am.

Z16DNA
January 19th, 2005, 09:29 AM
"87gmc" I'm with you. I'd like to find out information on how to adjust my shifts. I also have viewed the tables what show normal and performance mode. I'm assssssuming that Tow/Haul is the same as performance mode. Anyone know for sure?

SinisterSS
January 19th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Yes, tow/haul = performance mode.