PDA

View Full Version : Pin 46

billdmax
January 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I don't currently have an EFI live for my truck (07 LBZ) - still researching the details. However, I am at the point where no other programmer come close to EFILive. I really just need to work out how (or whom) to purchase the unit.

Something of a technical question - what is pin 46 to the ECM. Is it an unused analog port?

thanks!
bill

iranaround
January 18th, 2011, 01:20 PM
call Tyler @ http://www.meyerperformance.com/ he will answer every question you have

bballer182
January 18th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I assume your question is in reference to installing DSP5 on your LBZ? In that case the pin location is unused by the factory in all forms and all options of the truck. The ECM (E35) is a generic ECM that GM/Isuzu decided to use to control their engine. This ECM can control many other types and brands with the correct software. So, in this particular instance that pin is unused and Ross rewrote/altered the factory OS (operating system) so that the ECM listens to/monitors the input of the pin and then reference a different set of tables to achieve switching tunes. Is it an analog pin? dunno, but i would assume so since the switch is not sending a digital signal...

killerbee
January 23rd, 2011, 05:28 AM
what is pin 46 to the ECM. Is it an unused analog port?

thanks!
bill

What is your reason for asking?

billdmax
January 29th, 2011, 01:19 AM
What is your reason for asking?

No special reason, I am looking to purchase an EFI Live and want to better understand how it interfaces with the truck.

Ira
January 29th, 2011, 07:14 AM
At some level it doesn't really interface with the truck. At it's most basic level EFILive is a Tune Editor with the ability to remove, edit and replace the contents of the factory ECM. For some vehicles EFILive has made replacement or "Custom" operating systems that add additional features, some of which, like the DSP tunes, take advantage of unused but usable pins on your stock ECM. "Putting EFILive on your truck" should much more likely be about either picking a tuner, or downloading the software and playing with it until you feel comfortable being the tuner.

Ira