PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else running COS on high boost motor?

Redline Motorsports
December 16th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Still struggling with this custom OS 2/3bar setup. Whatever it is will end up being real stupid I'm sure but in the mean time its driving me nuts!:banana:

Just interested in hearing from others that are using 2/3 bar function on high strung motors.

Thanks

Howard

MN C5
December 17th, 2005, 06:57 AM
I've got mine done, but don't have the truck running right now. I've tuned a couple of Radix/Maggy vehicles but only for 8-10lbs of boost. The added control really helped those vehicles.

Should have the truck running in the next couple of weeks. I was running a 2 bar map without the custom OS and it worked well for me.

MCG
December 17th, 2005, 07:57 AM
No problems here on several setups with the 2/3 bar MAPS. Take your time and triple check everything. One thing people forget is to rescale the MAP sensor. You can tell because it reads half of what you expect.

wait4me
December 17th, 2005, 09:07 AM
i think im at 40 or so now :) "not counting the ones i give to the internet guys"

kbracing96
December 17th, 2005, 10:25 AM
My setups not to extreme, but I'm running COS 3 with a 2 bar and 10 lbs of boost on a turboed 4.8. Runs pretty good ;).

Redline Motorsports
December 18th, 2005, 12:07 PM
No problems here on several setups with the 2/3 bar MAPS. Take your time and triple check everything. One thing people forget is to rescale the MAP sensor. You can tell because it reads half of what you expect.

Sore subject! Right Jess!

I am still struggling with the MAP problems with this custom OS. There is a thread running in the general section that goes on about that.

mistermike
December 20th, 2005, 02:17 AM
My setups not to extreme, but I'm running COS 3 with a 2 bar and 10 lbs of boost on a turboed 4.8. Runs pretty good ;).About the same numbers here. Works very well, except for my unstable fuel pressure which is in the process of being redone.

Redline Motorsports
December 28th, 2005, 04:18 PM
i think im at 40 or so now :) "not counting the ones i give to the internet guys"

Show off!:wave:

HT

nitrorocket
December 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I am running 15 psi with a 3 bar map and have had good luck with it. I am even running 96 lb injectors with 93 octane pumpgas!! I am hoping to turn the boost and timing up in spring!