PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 question

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Have followed the instructions and still something is wrong. Getting four volts from switch per scan tool pid.
THis is what the tune says in efi upgrade OS-
The currently loaded *.tun/*.bin file operating system does not support custom operating system upgrades using this option
What am I doing wrong?

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 10:47 AM
What software version are you using? You could send your file to me (support@efilive.com) and I could see if it works for me.

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 10:51 AM
V7.5.6 build133 and suggestions

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I also try now to make another dsp5 tune and it says this upgrade cannot be undone. on all tunes?

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM
The DSP upgrade cannot be undone. You need to save your stock or current file first and then save the DSP as a new one.

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I have all my files saved to other computers. 1st dsp tune was base a race tune. Next dsp tune I tried to make it sad this?I can't even get the first one to work?

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
You've lost me now! Does the software let you upgrade your calibration to a DSP5 or not? You only do the DSP5 upgrade once and then change the 5 tunes. What actually happens when you do the DSP5 upgrade is that there are significant changes applied internally to the operating system (which is why it can't be undone). You don't need to apply those changes repeatedly just to change the #1 - #4 positions.

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry, yes I have one dsp tune that is completely done. But in upgrade OS it says what is stated in post 1. I've read the direction a few times and seems easy. Just not working for me.

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Are they both the same operating system, or are they for different vehicles? Can you send the problem file to me (support@efilive.com)?

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
my truck. on its way.

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Is it the same truck you have successfully done a DSP for already though?

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Have not successfully done dsp to my truck yet. THis is my first time to build one. I have loaded others that have been bought for other trucks.

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Got the file, thanks. It is already a DSP5 OS which is why it cannot be upgraded again ;)

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I dont want to upgrade it, look at the upgrade tab and see what it says. When I load the dsp tune it doesnt work. It stays on the same tune.

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
So let me ask you about the switch. The pid said 4.98 volts and another said non dsp. How do I know if it working?

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
any thoughts?

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
The file you sent me is already a DSP5 OS, so it has been upgraded already by either yourself or someone else. It is not a case of wanting to upgrade it has already been done, and cannot be done again. That is what that tab and explanation are telling you. For instance an LS1 COS is not able to be upgraded by using the Upgrade OS tab in the Tune Tool.

To get the DSP to work in your vehicle you need to perform a full-flash, to upgrade the base operating system and calibration areas.

You log the GM.E35DSP5_DMA PID (which it seems you already are. You know it's working if you see that change when you make a selection on the DSP5 switch. The 5 positions are made up of Non-DSP (standard calibration tables) and DSP#1 - DSP#4 table overrides.

Tarkstoys
January 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM
so if I have the scan tool going and I change tunes should the volts cahnge too? from say 4.98 then down from there?\Thx for your continued help also. And I have asked this in so many different ways on all the forums.

Tordne
January 19th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the switches have a different resistance on each switch position that effects the voltage seen by the ECM on the switched input. That is how the ECM knows which DSP (or Non-DSP) calibration to reference.

leachs23
July 13th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'm having a similar problem, I am unable to build my tunes 1-4. Not sure really how to do it. I have the base tune built but I do not know where to make the changes for 1-4. Also, how do I make these changes translate to the Edge evolution CTS?