PDA

View Full Version : How do the .cals tie in with the .tun files?

Redline Motorsports
December 16th, 2005, 04:49 PM
This may be a real stupid question but; as I read up on the "no start" issue that bit me and others, conversation comes up about missing .cal files. When load up a custom OS from scratch, are your suppose to do something else other then reflash the new OS and bring in a matching .tun file? Does the .cal file come automatically??

Please elaborate.

Howard

Blacky
December 16th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Not sure I understand the intent of the question but...

When you load a *.tun (or *.bin) file, EFILive seeks out the operating system number that is embedded in the file. Once it has the OS number, it tries to load the matching *.cal file (named after the OS number). If EFILive can't find a *.cal file with the same name as the OS number in the *.tun (or *.bin) file then it displays the massage: "This PCM is not supported by EFILive, please send the file to EFILive and we will add support for it".

If a matching *.cal file is found and loaded, it's version number is displayed in the first screen that is displayed. Make sure you have the latest version of the *.cal file - from this page:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_os.html

Regards
Paul

Redline Motorsports
December 17th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Thats what I thought....after reading too many threads I was wondering if that might have been an issue with the 1st custom OS problem I had (no start). If I never got an error then it must have been OK. I guess the mystery goes on.

Thanks Paul.