PDA

View Full Version : GEN lll v8 6 liter gas (NEED INFO ON SOME TUNING)

RAM PERFORMANCE
January 20th, 2011, 01:29 PM
HEY just got efi live and id like to do some custom tuning on one of my trucks iv played around a little with the rpm limitting and fuel back down and speed limitting i can get the truck to perform but id like to try timing and mabe somethng with the injectors . any info would help. i also have a duramax im looking to put a towing tune in i can get more info for that one though

Taz
January 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hello Ram Performance,

When you downloaded the EFILive software the Tune Tool Manual and Scan Tool Manual would have probably downloaded to C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Docs. There should also be a Tutorial subfolder as well - with about a dozen *.pdf files.

These are necessary reading if you are serious about tuning. There are also some interactive Tutorials on the EFILive homepage - under the “Downloads” heading select “Documentation / Tutorials”.

The “Advanced Search” feature on the EFILive Forum will also help you find topics of interest.

Regards,
Taz

RAM PERFORMANCE
January 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM
hey thanks for the reply i got the cd and all the programs but i also have my cd loaded on 3 other computers one of my co workers has the cd but i will get it back and go through the disk and see what i can pull up

ScarabEpic22
January 21st, 2011, 09:40 AM
Dont use the included CD to install the software, its old by now. Grab the latest files from EFILive Downloads page (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133) and install them. The upgrade the bootblock first, then the firmware of your V2. Open up V8 Scan & Tune, then look for the little FlashScan icon to pop up by the clock in the lower right corner. Click it, then click the F6: Firmware tab. If you need to upgrade the bootblock it will say so, do this first. Then upgrade the firmware. Good to go!