PDA

View Full Version : General Question

JrTuner
December 17th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I am planning on only using the EFILive on my 02 Duramax. Is there any reason to wanting to buy the commercial version instead of the personal version? How about in the future, will there possibly be any updates that would make having the comm. version necessary for the Duramax? Thanks in advance. I really want to buy this product soon and don't want to make the wrong decision.

Blacky
December 17th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I am planning on only using the EFILive on my 02 Duramax. Is there any reason to wanting to buy the commercial version instead of the personal version? How about in the future, will there possibly be any updates that would make having the comm. version necessary for the Duramax? Thanks in advance. I really want to buy this product soon and don't want to make the wrong decision.

You can't make the wrong decision, if you start with the Personal version and later find that you actually wanted the Commercial version the upgrade is $150. Since they are $150 price difference anyway it ends up the same whether you buy it now or later.
The Commercial upgrade process is via an activation code that you order online and receive via email. The code is entered into the EFILive software which updates the FlashScan unit to a Commercial version - it only takes a minute or so to upgrade.

Having said all that, right now we don't have any features for the Duramax that require the commercial version. But we expect to come out with some in future releases.

Regards
Paul

JrTuner
December 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Thank you. That was the answer I was looking for.