PDA

View Full Version : SD card not present

Naf
January 23rd, 2011, 12:30 AM
Ok, i went through everything and i cant get my V2 to read a sd card...I tried 64mb-1gb and nothing seems to work.

I tried formating in different formats and still no dice...

PLEASE HELP 2.2mb just isnt enough to get a decent tune...

Tordne
January 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
Did you format the SD Card in the FlashScan V2? In addition to actually formatting the card that process also builds the necessary base filesystem structure (folders). We have no other reports of issues relating to the SD Card in FlashScan V2 at this time. Also check your software and firmware are up to date in case you have an issue that has already been long resolved.

Naf
January 23rd, 2011, 07:15 AM
Tried to formate in the device, but it does not recognise the flash card. I even tried formantin from the computer and still no go...

Tordne
January 23rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
When you insert the SD Card in to the V2 do you see the characters in the lower left of the LCD change? Basically is it detecting the SD Card?

Naf
January 23rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
No, i do not see any change...I tried to have it use the SD card then internal mem, but still no go...

I do not understand how i am having difficulty over a simple task.

I have the latest firmware and bootlock, so that isnt the problem...

Options guys?

Tordne
January 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
If you set the Filesystem Type to Auto you "should" see the three characters change in the bottom left side of the LCD. The should be MEM when there is no SD Card, and when the SD Card is detected it will be SD1, SD2 or SDH depending on what sort of SD Card is inserted.

If it is not changing when the SD Card is inserted there is either a problem with the card or the FlashScan device. If it is a device fault it will need to come back to EFILive for the issue to be resolved. Can you email me (support@efilive.com) with your device serial number?

ringram
February 10th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I have the same problem for years.. Basically if you press against the back of the sdcard while inserted it will show up and work. But you have to jam a piece of paper or cardboard behind the sdcard. Kind of works, but not ideal. Ill pester you about it maybe at the next show :D

joecar
February 11th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Are some SD cards physically thinner...?

Tordne
February 11th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I insert and remove mine pretty much daily and have never had an issue at all :nixweiss:.

swingtan
February 11th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I've had many an issue with the SD card slot in the V2. In the end I opened the case and "tweaked" the card slot metal case to hold the card a lot firmer. This helped a lot, but I still get the odd issue with the card coming up as an SD1 card instead of the SD2. When this occurs I need to re-insert the card till it comes up correctly.

Simon.