PDA

View Full Version : Best datalogging option for OBD2 LT1 engines

hexdmy
January 24th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I know that TTS Data Master and possibly EFI Live are good options for the OBD1 LT1 , but what are people using for OBD2 LT1's ? Curious to know if anyone has had success using EFI Live to log enhanced GM PIDs .

Some other tools that are advertised to work, but how well I'm not sure:

AutoTap

Palmer Engineering ScanXL

Ease Diagnostics

Auto Enginuity

If anyone can add to the list or comment on any of the above tools, it would be much appreciated .

- Chris

Tordne
January 24th, 2011, 03:24 PM
EFILive product wise you would need the EFILive V4 OBDI/ALDL Scan Tool license. This is a software only product; we recommend this cable from Moates Ware (http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl2-combo-p-128.html?cPath=64).

ChipsByAl
January 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I use EFI_Live V2 for the OBD2 LT1. I created maps to use with my data for speed density tuning. The serial wide band input is a plus. It does not have a PID for the MAF in hz. I do not know if that is an availble PID for that PCM.
Al

This is a list of the supported PIDS that comes up.

Tordne
January 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Interesting. I didn't know V2 worked with the LT1 :shock:

ChipsByAl
January 24th, 2011, 03:36 PM
It only works for data logging! Sorry if I mislead anyone.
Al

hexdmy
January 24th, 2011, 03:45 PM
EFILive product wise you would need the EFILive V4 OBDI/ALDL Scan Tool license. This is a software only product; we recommend this cable from Moates Ware (http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl2-combo-p-128.html?cPath=64).

Interesting, I've seen v4 before on the EFILive web site, but cannot find it anymore, is it still available ?

Regarding v4, you mention it works with OBD1, I'm looking to use it with a OBD2 LT1, is this possible ?

hexdmy
January 24th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I use EFI_Live V2 for the OBD2 LT1. I created maps to use with my data for speed density tuning. The serial wide band input is a plus. It does not have a PID for the MAF in hz. I do not know if that is an availble PID for that PCM.
Al

This is a list of the supported PIDS that comes up.

I did not know that EFILive v2 tool supported datalogging for the LT1 , that is good news, and another reason why I should get setup with EFI live lol . Too bad MAF Hz is not included, although the pid list in the .xls attached in your post look pretty good to me .

Thanks for your input.

Beerman
October 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I created / modified v7 files for the LT1. Its been along while since I played with them cause I went the 24x 0411 route. I may have an updated version somewhere cause I saw some spelling errors. I recopied them and ran a spell check. Maybe someone could include it in an update. Let me know if you have a questions or if there are errors (I also remember fixing some scaling issues). Just replace the sae generic file and add the GM_LT1 file.

Enjoy

joecar
October 24th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Beerman, thanks for posting :cheers:

hexdmy
August 12th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Bringing up a very old topic, and I'm a bit of a noob to EFILive, I tried using Beerman's "sae_generic.txt" and "GM_LT1.txt" files in the configuration folder, however I cannot get the scan tool to point to "GM_LT1.txt" for the enhanced parameters. I did copy and paste in the vehicle VIN number (see attached image), trying both with and without quotation marks.

So, am I doing something wrong, or possibly is there a compatibility issue with the latest version of EFI Live v7.5 scan ?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer some assistance !

Blacky
August 13th, 2017, 10:38 AM
The *ENHANCED section of the sae_generic.txt file no longer uses the VIN to determine the enhanced file. It uses Controller Type, like this:

# ================================================== ============================
# VIN/config files
# ----------------
#
# This section determines which additional config file(s) should be loaded
# based on the controller type detected for the connected vehicle.

*ENHANCED

#Controller Config file
#---------- --------------------------------------------------------------------
CMB cummins_enhanced.prn
CMC cummins_enhanced.prn
CMD cummins_enhanced.prn
CME cummins_enhanced.prn
default gm_enhanced.prn

So I guess the only way to ensure that the GM_LT1.txt file is loaded is to make it the default.

But that means unless you add in each of the GM controllers that you want then the gm_enhanced.prn won't be loaded for other GM vehicles. So maybe something like this:

# ================================================== ============================
# VIN/config files
# ----------------
#
# This section determines which additional config file(s) should be loaded
# based on the controller type detected for the connected vehicle.

*ENHANCED

#Controller Config file
#---------- --------------------------------------------------------------------
CMB cummins_enhanced.prn
CMC cummins_enhanced.prn
CMD cummins_enhanced.prn
CME cummins_enhanced.prn
LS1B gm_enhanced.prn
E38 gm_enhanced.prn
<additional gm="" controllers="" here="">
default GM_LT1.txt

Regards
Paul</additional>

hexdmy
August 19th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Thank you for the quick response, I'm helping a friend out with this vehicle, and won't be able to work on it for another week or so. When I get a chance to test it out, I will post an update.