PDA

View Full Version : 5.9L ECM Beta update

GMPX
January 25th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Hi All,

Well the good news is the testers are ready to move on to phase two of the beta program. This will involve tuning the trucks :good:

The first phase of the beta involved reading the ECM calibrations out and then reflashing the unmodified tunes back in. There was a couple of teething problems with a module on the CAN bus causing some grief but that was sorted out pretty fast.

The feedback we have from on truck reading / flashing is as follows.

No fuse removal required.
No DTC's set.
No VIN cleared.
No double key off/on at end of flash.
Interrupted reflash full recovery ok.

ECM Read Time: 4:30
ECM Flash Time: 5:30

These times are a typical average, it does vary by maybe 10 - 20 seconds depending on the operating system in the truck, all the test trucks are of course 2006-2007's.

All good news so far!

Cheers,
Ross

GAMEOVER
January 25th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Good to hear EFI Live....:D

Dmaxink
January 25th, 2011, 04:54 AM
great to hear... Excellent job:thankyou2:

07dodge
January 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Good to hear. Getting anxious!

THEFERMANATOR
January 26th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Heres some info on another forum about the first impressions on the BETA version from a couple of tuners who are using it. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104594

skneeland
January 28th, 2011, 01:53 AM
any chance you guys will be upgrading the software to allow scanning on the cummins before the actual release of the complete package?
would be nice to do some scanning and check out some tunes while we wait....

zfuller123
January 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
As a beta tester, even WE don't have the scanning ability yet.... They (Ross, Paul, and the team) are working hard on this for us and of course for everyone when the time comes to release this publicly. I know it's hard to sit on the sidelines waiting, but I think you've got a great group of people both in terms of the product and the testers working hard and fast to get this ready for everyone. I know the trucks i'm working on withthe beta stuff are all super excited and chomping at the bit to get bigger and better.... but everyone's goal is to make it happen SAFELY and without unintended side-effects. I'm sure you will come to appreciate all the effort when you're finally able to have this in your hands and using it.

GMPX
January 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
The way the Cummins ECM is scanned is quite different to any GM vehicle, so we have to make some big changes to the existing scantool software (which is very GM focused). We weren't going to let this stop the beta test going ahead which is why the scantool is going to be 'fixed' after the tuning is done. To the credit of the guys on the Beta team they have been able to tune these trucks exceptionally well without scantool data.
Shortly we will be releasing a public beta update that allows the reading of the 5.9L ECM in a new way. Whilst we have had this for a while the old files are not compatible with the new software, but we want to start getting as many reads as possible so we can add support for as many ECM operating systems as possible before the software is released. As it is, in just the beta test team there has been 9 different ECM Operating systems read.