PDA

View Full Version : I got it... Opps I aint got it...

MN C5
December 17th, 2005, 06:28 PM
It's back, COS 3 04073003. After making a global change to 14.63 on table B3604 it still won't start. B0106 now has the correct value of 8 (I did play with this a bit but it didn't give me any results) My thought was the sooner it referenced the command AFR it should have started, it didn't. So I'm going to move to B0102 VE while cranking and see if that gets me running.

FWIW I'm not using the latest Cal files. But have made the changes called out in the Repost thread. :muahaha:

deezel
December 17th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Double check the idle and throttle cracker/follower tables. I have seen these corrupted by some mixed up units conversions - found out the hard way when the engine would barely run. Compare to stock or previous good tune, paying attention to units.

MN C5
December 18th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Well I got it started... Smoking and chuging long enough to log a few details.

Commanded 14.63 B3604 Live was scanning a commanded 2.6 to 5.7 with and occasional 11.1 and a few 14.63's

47 readings at 100kpa 400rpms average 14.3AFR

2 readings @85kpa 400rpms avg 14.3 at 70 & 60kpa it was 7.2 & 2.1 respectively
800 rpms a smattering of readings from 3.4 @55kpa to 11.7 @ 85kpa

Anyway these readings are way off the commanded AFR. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the E85 tables... I'm going to adjust those to the same values as 0% E85 and give it another whirl..

Nope that didn't work..

MN C5
December 18th, 2005, 09:46 AM
It's all stock to...lol Well I called Jesse and he offered to look at the tun file. Thanks Jesse.. sent the tune file and a couple of logs.

:wtf1: is my problem:Eyecrazy:

bink
December 19th, 2005, 02:05 PM
It's all stock to...lol Well I called Jesse and he offered to look at the tun file. Thanks Jesse.. sent the tune file and a couple of logs.

Updates???

MN C5
December 19th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Nothing yet... IMHO I think the E85 programing is screwing up the picture but I'll wait and see with the experts have to say.

And Ross is waiting for me to email him some files which I won't get to until late Tuesday.

dfe1
December 20th, 2005, 03:17 AM
You're a Republican living in Minnesota?

MN C5
December 20th, 2005, 10:14 AM
We are a Growing minority in MN, I'm a former Democrat. The Democratic party has gotten to Loony... Nancy P and Howard D oh boy!

ABC News Poll
In a presidential election year, it's tough not to look at political groups, even though differences here likely are standing in for other factors, such as sex, age, marital status and religiosity. With that proviso, Republicans are around 10 points more likely than Democrats to think about sex daily, to be very satisfied with their marriages and sex lives and to wear something sexy to spice things up; and less likely to say they've cheated.

Though I've got to admit I've never put something sexy on for my wife :banana:

trudynosports
December 20th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah, but that poll was taken just after the election. I'm sure that if the democrats would have one then they would be having sex more. Happy=Sex. Upset=Beer!

Redline Motorsports
December 23rd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Any latest news?? I guess I shouldn't loose my mind over the no start custom OS as the problem is more wide spread then I thought!

WTF??

I need an answer why my first os didn't work and then one Jesse did worked!:Eyecrazy:

Howard

MN C5
December 23rd, 2005, 01:14 PM
Any latest news?? I guess I shouldn't loose my mind over the no start custom OS as the problem is more wide spread then I thought!

WTF??

I need an answer why my first os didn't work and then one Jesse did worked!:Eyecrazy:

HowardNo news yet Howard, I didn't get to the shop this week but I'll email you as soon as I get over there.

Here is a list of COS's that won't start for me... It's a real bummer because when it does work... On pre 2003 systems (only ones that have worked for me so far) it rocks

Redline Motorsports
December 26th, 2005, 08:59 AM
I guess matching the stock OS to the Custom OS doesn't really matter when you have re-writting capability. That will be the last time I go that route. I assume that the custom OS's that you listed are all in the latest EFI version?

HT

MN C5
December 26th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Yes, fwiw 04073003 should be removed from the list. I do have one running custom os with this #. But it was done before I upgraded to 7.3 which may or may not have anything to do with it.

GMPX
December 27th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Nothing yet... IMHO I think the E85 programing is screwing up the picture but I'll wait and see with the experts have to say.

And Ross is waiting for me to email him some files which I won't get to until late Tuesday.

MN-C5, I think you were right all along, it appears the problem may very well be the Ethanol tables. So far (and please don't burst my bubble) the trucks are only having this issue.
We have added in two new tables to try to help solve this problem.
If anyone has a problem 03+ vehicle they can test this on right now, please Email me and I will send you an updated .cal file to suit.

Thanks,
Ross

turboberserker
December 27th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Guess I should weigh in here... I think MN-C5 and I have the same year and model. My COS#3 worked fine, but I applied the cal file and then created an in-between flash file, and applied my changes over it. I'd read MN's post before hand so I looked for damaged tables first.

Don't have the laptop here or I'd give you the cal / tun numbers I used, but I took them directly from the chart for my OS (and actually I was just putting up the #3 version of the OS I was already using as a #1).

It did take awhile to get her started but I get the same thing anytime I zero the trims, so I did what I also do -- used the idle controls the first time to get her warmed up. After that, it was all good and no more hard starts.

GMPX
December 27th, 2005, 05:22 PM
If the E85 tables are the problem, then it is hit and miss which trucks use them. All the files MN-C5 has been sending me do!.
You may have been lucky.

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
December 28th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Guess I should weigh in here... I think MN-C5 and I have the same year and model. My COS#3 worked fine, but I applied the cal file and then created an in-between flash file, and applied my changes over it. I'd read MN's post before hand so I looked for damaged tables first.

Don't have the laptop here or I'd give you the cal / tun numbers I used, but I took them directly from the chart for my OS (and actually I was just putting up the #3 version of the OS I was already using as a #1).

It did take awhile to get her started but I get the same thing anytime I zero the trims, so I did what I also do -- used the idle controls the first time to get her warmed up. After that, it was all good and no more hard starts.

I've tuned a bunch of vehicles with Custom OS's... And I can assure you that if I tuned your truck it wouldn't have taken awhile to get her started :banana: None of these tunes were for my truck. Which with 75lb injectors and a small cam started on the first try :D :D

Glad to see your up and running. You've been MIA on the boards the past couple of months:wave:

BigTex
December 28th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Glad to see your up and running. You've been MIA on the boards the past couple of months:wave:

I agree, good to see you come up for some air Erik.