PDA

View Full Version : Preparation for Cummins EFILive

Goosepilot
January 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
What will I need to purchase for efilive? Can/should I do anything to my truck (tune up, replace, mods) now to get ready for efilive? I have an 06 4x4 auto with 106k miles (I bought it w/ 41k) with maintenance, but no repairs of anything to my knowledge. A Diablo Predator has been on it at the 100 hp level when I bought it till right around the 100k mark when I had two limp mode episodes a couple thousand miles apart. Showed codes P2149 and P0205. I have run it stock the last 5k miles with no obvious issues, but suspect injector(s)

Tordne
January 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Right at the moment it is not possible to purchase a product for the Cummins platform. It is currently in limited access beta. When that beta concludes you will need to purchase the FlashScan V2 product and specifically purchase the Cummins Tuning option (when available). The total cost will be US$798 (US$399 for the FlashScan V2 interface with Scan Only functionality and another US$399 for the Cummins Tuning option).

Goosepilot
January 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Can I get a flashscan now or is it a different model than what is used on the duramax? Is there general efilive things to study up on or is it just hands on experiment when you have it plugged in?
Should I log any data in stock form to help later when tuning?

Tordne
January 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Scanning for the Cummins is not implemented yet in the generally available software, so really their is no benefit to you if you were to purchase a product now. Shipping is typically a couple of days from order so my advise (as strange as it might seem) is to sit tight and get it as soon as the product is released to the public :).

ScarabEpic22
January 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Ah so will the pricing model be: Buy a FS V2 Scan Only, then add either GM or Cummins package to it?

Tordne
January 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Absolutely correct. You'll be able to option the Scan Tool product with the additional GM or Cummins Tuning module, or of course both. Because the Scan Tool is a lower value product there should be a saving on import duty as well (not sure how significant).

ScarabEpic22
January 27th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Gotcha, makes it more affordable for guys tuning gas only cars to not have to spend the extra $$ for Cummins development that they wont use. But Im pretty sure there will be quite a few V2 + Cummins sold once it gets out of beta!

Tordne
January 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Gotcha, makes it more affordable for guys tuning gas only cars to not have to spend the extra $$ for Cummins development that they wont use. But Im pretty sure there will be quite a few V2 + Cummins sold once it gets out of beta!

We sure hope so :)

ScarabEpic22
January 27th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I dont think EFILive is going to have an issue selling a V2 to tons of Dodge guys... :D

gmperformancecentre
January 28th, 2011, 12:01 AM
what will the price be for current V2 Commercial Scan & Tune registered user's

BriteWhiteRam
January 28th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Will us who already own a V2 be able to tune a Cummins with just buying a license or do we have to buy a whole new V2??

Ira
January 28th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Will us who already own a V2 be able to tune a Cummins with just buying a license or do we have to buy a whole new V2??

A black V2 will tune all supported CAN based Dodges, a Blue V2 will additionally be able to tune the early, 03-05 maybe, Dodges that uses Dodges own protocol.

Ira

Tordne
January 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
what will the price be for current V2 Commercial Scan & Tune registered user's

Existing customers with the current FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune product will effectively end up with the FlashScan V2 Scan Tool, plus the GM Tuning option (no actual change occurs, this is just a logical distinction). If you want to add the ability to tune Cummins you will need to purchase the Cummins Tuning option for US$399 when it is generally available.

Existing customers that have the FlashScan V2 with the BLACK casing will be able to purchase the Cummins Tuning option for US$399. That will enable you to tune the 2006+ 59 litre and the 2207+ 6.7 litre Cummins (the CAN based vehicles).

We are also hoping that we are able to tune the 2005 SCI Cummins. To add the capability to hopefully support this we have made a physical hardware change to the FlashScan V2 interface. WE are no shipping units with BLUE casing which includes this hardware modification.

So, customers that want to tune the SCI Cummins when supported will need to purchase a new BLUE FlashScan V2 unit to enable support. The Existing BLACK FlashScan V2 units are not upgradable to support SCI.

Cheers,

BriteWhiteRam
February 1st, 2011, 09:54 AM
With the Cummins tuning option, do we still have to buy liscences as well for each ecm/tcm ?

Tordne
February 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
With the Cummins tuning option, do we still have to buy liscences as well for each ecm/tcm ?

Yup. At the point the Cummins Tuning option is released for sale there will also be a GM Tuning option. VIN licenses are still required per vehicle.

Goosepilot
February 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
How much are the VIN licenses? So one will need to buy a v2, Cummins software, and a Von license?

Tordne
February 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
The Tuning options are provided with two VIN licenses. Additional VIN licenses are US$99 each. All up for Cummins tuning you'll be looking at US$798 (US$399 for the V2 Scan Tool plus US$399 for the Cummins Tuning option).

jb818
February 4th, 2011, 12:35 PM
well ive tried every tuner out there and havent found the right one, so i cant wait to try out efi live in my truck. i just hope i can figure it out.

bobo
February 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM
You need the new $399 blue V2 cable to tune 05 and earlier Cummins ECM's. You can add Cummins support to any V2 for $399. The old style black V2 will not support 05 and earlier Cummins tuning, but 06 and up is possible with that cable. The blue V2 cable can tune them all.

bobo
February 4th, 2011, 01:32 PM
$399 for a V2
$399 for Cummins support
$399 for Duramax support

$1197 for V2 and Duramax/Cummins support
$798 for V2 and support for Cummins or Duramax
$399 for Cummins support added to any existing V2 cable
$399 for Duramax support added to any existing V2 cable

bobo
February 4th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Blue V2 cables are available now. Cummins support is not available now. You can add support later if you would like. If you are buying a cable for a Duramax now, I'd request a blue one.

dansdieselp
February 4th, 2011, 01:58 PM
If you're buying a Blue V2 for Cummins I'd wait until the Licensing is out for it so you can purchase it all at once.

Goosepilot
February 5th, 2011, 05:28 AM
If you're buying a Blue V2 for Cummins I'd wait until the Licensing is out for it so you can purchase it all at once.

Why?

dansdieselp
February 5th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Well it would be ready to go right out of the box instead of making two separate purchases and waiting for the license to come through. It's also easier and more profitable for the EFI Live dealers if purchased as one unit.

Goosepilot
February 5th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I was thinking I would buy the v2 now as I will be on the road working in different places. The cummins license has to be sent out, it can't be downloaded?

dansdieselp
February 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I was thinking I would buy the v2 now as I will be on the road working in different places. The cummins license has to be sent out, it can't be downloaded?

That will all be done through email after purchase. From a dealer stand point there is more profit margin selling the complete unit, but they can be purchased separately if you wish.

Goosepilot
February 5th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I must be missing something. I don't see where the end price is different wether purchased at once or individually or why it would be less profitable if all you have to do is email the cummins stuff once it is available.

dansdieselp
February 5th, 2011, 09:26 AM
The end price is the same to you. It's when purchased together it's more profitable for the dealer and easier on you cause it will be ready to go out of the box, but if you want a blank V2 they are available for purchase now for $399.

dansdieselp
February 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Another perk of buying the complete unit is that some dealers include a free tune with the purchase to get you started.

FUBAR
February 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Another perk of buying the complete unit is that some dealers include a free tune with the purchase to get you started.

Do you think that might be a possibility providing my truck may be similar to the trucks in Beta testing. I say that because Tuners would probably have a better handle on "Lighter" tunes rather that "Hot" ones since most trucks are stock or close to stock in Beta. Maybe not?

dansdieselp
February 20th, 2011, 04:29 AM
The trucks in Beta are pretty much stock except for minor mods. This way we get the most accurate results. When we get data logging we'll be able to fine tune them. Then we'll have tunes built for all different applications. Then some of us will venture into the bigger modded trucks. So if you have a truck and buy a V2 the script you want if it's an option should go right in and give you the same results our trucks are giving us.

99' Dually
April 4th, 2011, 08:08 PM
So total price for 03-05 CR kit is $798?
$399 for the V2 scan tool and $399 for the Cummins tuning correct?
And that includes the BLUE V2 correct?
Im already starting to save up just need to know how much.
Cant wait to test this out, sounds like you guys are doing a great job developing this! makes me very glad for people smarter than me lol
keep up the awesome work, be waitin to hear more info on new achievements!

ScarabEpic22
April 5th, 2011, 08:39 AM
There is no ETA for 03-05 trucks yet, only 06-09 5.9L and then 07-10 6.7L. Earlier ones will be looked at after all the CAN based stuff is out of beta.

L31Sleeper
April 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
That will all be done through email after purchase. From a dealer stand point there is more profit margin selling the complete unit, but they can be purchased separately if you wish.

Um.....isn't that semi-confidential information ??

anyway will the BLUE unit cover 100% of the GM cars and trucks currently supported ?

Tordne
April 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM
The Blue unit will do everything that the original black FlashScan V2 will do, plus has the hardware implemented we expect should allow us to support the SCI Cummins vehicles.

Dan's comment on the margin was only relevant if a dealer sold the physical product but then the customer came to EFILive direct for the Tuning Options etc.

L31Sleeper
April 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Blue is my favorite color. Can we get some pics of them ?? I might buy one just because it's cool !!

dansdieselp
April 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6898ab0-d089-4461.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6898ab0-d0b2-e8f5.jpg

Blue V2 is on the right. We've sold a few of them now. Then we are emailing the Cummins keys when it's available to the pubic.

L31Sleeper
April 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM
The indoor pic is pretty much indistinguishable. The outdoor pic shows it somewhat, it looks like NAVY blue.

L31Sleeper
April 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
A while back I mentioned that the V2 does not have enough internal memory to hold the BBL List, BBR/BBF List and the DTC definitions.
You already mentioned that the blue one has internal modifications so why not address that issue and call it a V3 ??

Tordne
April 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Adding of the hardware for SCI was A LOT less involved that remapping memory and other fundamental changes (like CPU architecture etc).

L31Sleeper
April 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM
OOOOoooo :grin:

rennoc442
April 7th, 2011, 12:52 PM
QUOTE Adding of the hardware for SCI was A LOT less involved that remapping memory and other fundamental changes (like CPU architecture etc).[/QUOTE]

So does that mean my black v2 will be no bueno for the 6.7???

Im just waiting for the 6.7 to come out if you cant tell!:grin:

Tordne
April 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
The "Black" (original) V2 are totally fine for the 006+ 5.9 litre and the 2007+ 6.7 litre Cummins vehicles. The hardware change was to potentially support the 2005 SCI (pre-CAN) models. You will need to purchase the US$399 Cumming Tuning option license (when it is available) to tune the Cummins vehicles.

catman3126
April 8th, 2011, 02:17 AM
right on will the cummins have the option to have the DSP switch like the duramax?

rennoc442
April 8th, 2011, 05:27 AM
The "Black" (original) V2 are totally fine for the 006+ 5.9 litre and the 2007+ 6.7 litre Cummins vehicles. The hardware change was to potentially support the 2005 SCI (pre-CAN) models. You will need to purchase the US$399 Cumming Tuning option license (when it is available) to tune the Cummins vehicles.

Cool! Any idea when the support for 6.7 will be out? I know after 5.9 but wanted an eta if possible!

ScarabEpic22
April 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM
right on will the cummins have the option to have the DSP switch like the duramax?

Maybe eventually, not in the first release though. Getting editing/scanning/flashing is more important than DSPx.

Cool! Any idea when the support for 6.7 will be out? I know after 5.9 but wanted an eta if possible!

No, I havent seen any reports on here about when 6.7 support will be released, just that it will be put into further development after 5.9 support is publicly released.