PDA

View Full Version : Catching "Reduced Power" Mode for Conversions

S10Wildside
January 26th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Any ideas for identifying reduced power mode for a conversion or stand alone? Would be cool if there was a PID that could display messaging sent from the ECM to the information center. Or am I late to the party?

We're going to be working with a Ram Jet 502 with 58x conversion in the upcoming weeks and I just ordered a used instrument cluster from ebay with the hopes of catching any messaging while doing some work on the test stand.

schwoch1
January 27th, 2011, 06:13 PM
So what you are hoping to do is catch the class 2 data message to the IPC when the reduced power is commanded and attempt to use this info to turn on some sort of other display in the future???? Am I correct???

Mike

S10Wildside
January 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I wasn't thinking that far ahead.

Yesterday I built a harness for the instrument cluster and realized it does not communicate on the CAN bus, so the engine harness must have the Class 2 data wire.

I'll tell you what would be cool. Finding a way to block certain messages. As an example, you would not want to see ABS messaging on a conversion vehicle if you use a GM cluster.

schwoch1
January 30th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I don't think you would see an ABS message if the cluster is not receiving a message from the ABS module to make the message come on??? I could be wrong, but if the module is not on the Class 2 data line to put out the message, it should not show up on the DIC??????
Mike

S10Wildside
January 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mike, you may be right. I'll know soon enough.