PDA

View Full Version : SAE TPS and actual TPS opening %?

O1Z06
February 1st, 2011, 06:43 AM
Just started logging data and dove right in. It's not too painful yet :laugh: but I was wondering if SAE TPS% for ETC was the actual commanded throttle from the pedal pot or is it the actual opening of the throttle blade? I'm logging 16% key on ign off, 11% running, and 100% but drops to 99.6% at WOT both running and ign off. The reason I ask is because I'm tuning idle and want to make sure idle is being seen as 0% for transitions and not 11%. :cheers: Thanks for the help, I'm sure I will have more questions and I definitely want to get to the point to help some folks and lads out.

O1Z06
February 1st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Just wondering if there is there another PID for LS1B to log that will show throttle position based on throttle potentiometer input?

Ninety8C5
February 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM
You could try "GM.APP". There are also "SAE.APP_D", "SAE.APP_E" & "SAE.APP_F". but there is no description so I'm not sure what they are used for.

O1Z06
February 1st, 2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks ninety8. I was curious because are 8 throttle PIDs to choose from but the only one that has a description is the SAE.TP. I will try GM.APP.

Redline Motorsports
February 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM
GM.APP is actual pedal position. This is the direct pedal movement and will report to 100%. The others may only report to 88% which is WOT. The PCM figures that once over 88% its WOT.

swingtan
February 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM
APP is Applied Pedal Position (as already mentioned). This will tell you the pedal position, not necessarily the actual throttle position. For the ETC vehicles, you want ETCTP. This will give the actual throttle possition.

Sent from my HTC Desire

O1Z06
February 2nd, 2011, 03:28 AM
Awesome, thanks guys. I verified that the throttle input GM.APP is 0% when at idle.