PDA

View Full Version : Tried to use Calc.SELBEN can someone look at my log

pavetim
February 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Ok I tried the new method using my wideband. The non PE numbers look fine but my WOT afr is showing like 9 and 10:1 when before it was 13:1. But if you look at the LTFT BEN for the WOT it shows 1.02 and 1.04. Now this don't make sense cause a BEN like that in WOT means it's running lean doesn't it? I don't understand why my afr is in the 9's and 10's. and I have my PE set to alot lower than whats being logged so don't know why it's not kicking in either.

WeathermanShawn
February 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Tim:

Something looks totally wacky with your wideband. I have never seen AFR bounce around like that in closed-loop. Its like your WO2 is not grounded properly.

The formula calculated properly, but your WO2 is simply not accurate. Did you wire it differently on this log than before?

WeathermanShawn
February 4th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Tim, also verify that you are still running MAF closed-loop. You didn't disable the MAF did you? Either your airflow is perfect..because both your CYLAIR and DYNCYLAIR are perfectly identical.

Can you post up your Tune?

pavetim
February 4th, 2011, 04:34 PM
The only differences I made was he had a bung welded in so I can use NB and WB. And I went into logworks on my LC1 and changed the AFR from 14.7 to 14.63.

WeathermanShawn
February 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Yea your AFR reading are quite bizarre.

I am not an expert on WO2 hook-up, but I wonder if changing the Logworks might have had an unintended consequence of altering the internal EFILive serial conversion formula:confused:.

Most of us leave Logworks alone and just a CALC.Pid to figure AFR.

All I can tell you is that your Tune looks good, the formula calculated correctly, but your AFR readings are totally messed up. Like the scale was changed.

I would change it back and try again.

pavetim
February 4th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah I just figured with the new formula i'd have to change the wideband. I'll swap it back tomorrow. But if you look at the ltft average % there almost all positive now where they were mostly negative before. Not sure why everything changed so much. It was foggy tonight, kind of cold and wet not sure if that would do anything or not.

WeathermanShawn
February 4th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Make sure you re-set the Trims prior to your next run.

Trims normally only vary +/- 2 to 3%..anymore than that then its a problem. Unless they got wet (NB's).

Try it again tomorrow..

pavetim
February 5th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I'm really not getting this. i basically started from scratch again using the CalcVe standard tutorial. I got my VE table in using the LTFT BEN and then WOT too, got WOT around 14.7. Then I reenabled the PE mode and ran it again, it lowered the AFR a little bit at WOT but not what the PE commands. It's only changing afr at WOT isn't PE what you commmand and not just at WOT? The problem I had before I think was somehow PE was commanding something super rich for some reason. I'm not getting it, it's not doing what it's told, just like a kid LOL. Now I know it's probably wrong but I have my PE enabled where I want and the VE table is good but it's still not commanding the afr i want so I manually calculate it and apply it to the VE table to get the PE mode richer.

pavetim
February 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Ok I logged calc.PE vs rpm and Map. It looks like it is going into PE mode but it's a factor it's not a complete PE. How can I change it so it will go into PE mode fully if there is a way at all.

WeathermanShawn
February 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Tim, what you are saying is not making a lot of sense...apply it to the VE table to get the PE mode richer. You never apply PE Mode to the VE Table in this method!!!

Its very easy to tell when you go into PE Mode..you last log you went into it normally. It was your wideband AFR that was not accurate.

Post your Log and Tune. We have to make sure your wideband is correct. You may be misinterpreting when you are in PE Mode.

pavetim
February 5th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I thought the WB was off too but I put the tune back verbatum to the calcve tutorial and it went from afr 9 to 15 cause PE was shut off. Something was commanding it richer. Ok shawn what I was saying is I did the Calcve tutorial witht he NB's and I did some WOT runs they did read lean about 15:1. So I adjusted the VE table since PE was turned off that means it was going off the VE table right? Ok when I got the WOT afr to around stoich I re-enabled PE to the ratio of 12.7 that I was looking for. But it was nowhere near that, the best it was is like 13.5. Ok so then what do I do? I manually did hte VE table in the WOT range to make it hit that 12.7 mark. I know it was an ass backwards way of doing it but if I got the VE table squared away and commanded the afr taht I want and i didn't get it then what do I do. See what i'm saying i'll try to post some logs and the last tune. There is the last log and tune I ran. How do you tell when it hits PE. I have the calc.pe pid and the factor is 1 but i have some logs where it's less than 1.0 which means it didn't go into PE all the way right?

WeathermanShawn
February 5th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Tim, I'll look it over.

But here is the problem. You need to be adjusting the MAF Table for fueling, not VE. I know I have said that over a dozen times now. Nowhere in the CALC.VE Tutorial do I instruct airmass/fueling to be adjusted in any other manner.

The MAF controls the airflow calculation for VE. Hitting the VE Table will do nothing for PE.

I'll get back to you on your logs..

WeathermanShawn
February 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Tim, it looks like your wideband is reading normally now.

You hit PE Mode anytime the PE Mode factor changes from zero (0) to one (1). Also, you can see your EQ ratio change from 1.00 to 1.15, etc..(see attachment).

When you do tuning you have to be very careful to follow the original instructions. First, do not exceed 24 channels..it is slowing your Scan down.

Here is all you have to do for CALC.VE. Simply plot SELBEN vs MAF Frequency (Table B5001). Copy and paste into the Tune per the Tutorial. You NEVER have to alter the VE Table. You simply filter (per the Tutorial) the VE Table that is BEING CALCULATED and paste that into Table B0101.

I don't mind helping people, but I must ask that you follow the Tutorial. You can do this in a half an hour if you can conquer the cut and paste instructions. AND LEAVE THE VE TABLE ALONE!!!

pavetim
February 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
What does this mean then. I made a Map of calc.pe vs rpm and MAP Kpa. And most in the PE range were less than 1.0. What does that mean.

WeathermanShawn
February 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
What does this mean then. I made a Map of calc.pe vs rpm and MAP Kpa. And most in the PE range were less than 1.0. What does that mean.

Nothing.

You see CALC.PE is just a computer code. (0) means NO PE, (1) means YES PE. You only pick the PID to allow the computer to 'magically' know whether to apply LTFTBENS or WO2BENS as a correction.

You never have to plot that MAP.

You only need the two Tables (see attachment). So, in your case you only need to add ~1-5 % to TABLE B5001 (copy,paste, and multiply). The VE Table is your log done with a 5.7L calculation. You simply take that Table and paste it into your Tune's VE Table.Then on the next log, you will have very close to your desired fueling..both in closed-loop and PE/WOT.

Notice I never have to alter the VE Table. The computer calculates it .

It takes 1-3 minutes to do..:).

EDIT: I added an Attachment of what a 5.3L VE Table would calculate based on your last Log..