PDA

View Full Version : EFI re-flash problems...

770johnnyw
February 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Trying to flash a tune i have and during the reflash red letters will pop up and say ''battery voltage to low or high for reflash''. Then a window will pop up and say the ecm has no O.S try a full reflash again. i have replaced the battery and tried everything else i know to do....any ideas?

ChipsByAl
February 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Scan it and see what the voltage is if you can.
Al

dansdieselp
February 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Do you have anything major drawing power like lights or lift pump?

770johnnyw
February 5th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Scan it and see what the voltage is if you can.
Al

I cant get it to record any data in the scan side i cant remember right off what it says but it wont let me log at all. I always unplug my liftpump and kill the lights when i turn the switch on so i dont know what would be drawing that much! Im no pro on EFI either i just know enough to cause problems:good:

770johnnyw
February 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I would love to get this right if possible this is a freash built motor with big twins and 100 overs and seems to only be making about 575hp and i know its got a safe 200 more in it if i could get a decent tune in her! any info would be greatly appreciated!

8100 Power
February 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Is the battery new? What version of the software are you running? They will probably want you to update to the latest version to start helping you with the issue.

770johnnyw
February 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Its a new optima i had sitting around...had it tested and checked out fine, starts the truck fine im only running one battery though. ive tried putting a charger on it before i flash it but the charger will run for about 10-15 min and kick itself off b/c its charged! V7.5.6 is what i have if im looking at it right build 133.

8100 Power
February 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I cant get it to record any data in the scan side i cant remember right off what it says but it wont let me log at all. I always unplug my liftpump and kill the lights when i turn the switch on so i dont know what would be drawing that much! Im no pro on EFI either i just know enough to cause problems:good:

Its a new optima i had sitting around...had it tested and checked out fine, starts the truck fine im only running one battery though. ive tried putting a charger on it before i flash it but the charger will run for about 10-15 min and kick itself off b/c its charged! V7.5.6 is what i have if im looking at it right build 133.

Per your first quote, after you try to connect with the Scan program, can you show us the exact error message you get?

770johnnyw
February 5th, 2011, 01:57 PM
yea, i have only seen it one time so i cant remember what it said...let me run out there real quick and ill let you know! thanks

770johnnyw
February 5th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Ok so I was able to get it to record data...I'm at 13.9 volts and no codes issue related. Tried to flash the tune again and no bueno! Same shit...

770johnnyw
February 6th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Any advice here guys ive tried everything....

cook
February 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hi, when you disable the lift pump are you doing that in the fuse box.

770johnnyw
February 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Yes i am....i might add that in the past if i was in a hurry with the stock motor i would flash it with the pump running and still had no probs!

cook
February 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yes i am....i might add that in the past if i was in a hurry with the stock motor i would flash it with the pump running and still had no probs!
the reason i ask is that if you have a double fuse tap like i do when you pull the pump you need to put a temporary fuse in that spot ,assuming you tapped into one of the ign spots just a thought.

770johnnyw
February 6th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yes i do have the double fuse tap its an air dog 150. I will try that tomorrow but like i said i usually just pull it to keep the pump from running! You think that fuse would cause it to not read the O.S?

8100 Power
February 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Yes i do have the double fuse tap its an air dog 150. I will try that tomorrow but like i said i usually just pull it to keep the pump from running! You think that fuse would cause it to not read the O.S?

Maybe try downloading the latest software, and then updating the firmware of the V2 unit.

770johnnyw
February 7th, 2011, 01:11 AM
ok will do...remind me how i upgrade the v-2???

cook
February 7th, 2011, 01:22 AM
yes,had a similar problem on customer vehicle ,was throwing low voltage codes and voltage was fine,was plugged into one of the ign spots,let me know how you come out.

770johnnyw
February 7th, 2011, 01:26 AM
ok cool thanks man that may be my problem. As soon as i get off work im gonna give this a shot!

8100 Power
February 7th, 2011, 07:13 AM
ok will do...remind me how i upgrade the v-2???

Pretty simple now, just download both the V8 and V7 software from the "Software Updates" section of the forum. The EFILive control panel should pop up for you to update the firmware after you connect it to your PC.

770johnnyw
February 7th, 2011, 09:18 AM
update! so cook nailed it! put the fuse in the liftpump fuse spot and it flashed first time! thanks so much fellas for the input truck runs so much better.....

cook
February 7th, 2011, 11:16 AM
glad i could help,Loren