PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Engine Power while MAFless

mtnman
December 20th, 2005, 02:14 AM
I went through the AutoTune VE tutorial this past weekend and bumped up C6101 by 50% (someone had suggested this step to avoid the "reduced engine power mode), drove the truck for 3 days and everythiing was great. When I drove in this morning and "got on it", the dad gum "reduced engine power" msg flashes and the truck looses power. Dang, I though I had fixed it with the C6101 bump up. Does anybody have any suggestions? Should I bump up C6101 another 50%? I didnt get on the gas back when I went through the tutorial because of the warning that the cats may be damaged if I do that. I'm running the stock OS and personal flashscan version of efilive (no custom OS, 2 bar, 3 bar stuff).:bash:

Dirk Diggler
December 20th, 2005, 02:59 AM
I would increase it more than that for now until you get it dialed in. Its only a table used for tests so it shouldnt hurt anything if you increase it by 100-200%

dfe1
December 20th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Rather than just bumping the whole table, try data logging and see where you run into trouble. Chance are, it's at a point in the table that you didn't anticipate. Do you know for certain that the C6101 values are responsible for the Reduced Power condition? If you'd like, I can send you the C6101 table I worked out for my C5. A truck will have higher load values, but you should be able to use it as a guide and adjust as necessary.

Dirk Diggler
December 20th, 2005, 03:08 AM
If you exceed the values in that table DTC 1514 will be set which is Reduced power mode. Its ok to increase the table by 200% for tuning and then when you are done make a map to dial it back in

The PCM calculates the amount of airflow it expects for a given RPM and throttle position, if these values are exceeded then DTC P1514 will set.