PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 Programing Problems

Hawks Fan
February 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I got five tunes from Idaho Rob. When I go to open the tune in V8 it tells me that "The Version of the File being opened is not supported by this software version"

Rob built the tunes off the stock tune I gave him from the ECM, which was downloaded using V8. What am I doing wrong Please Help!!! This is an LLY if that makes a difference.

Dmaxink
February 7th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Hey buddy, save your tune file from rob, open efilive 7.5 then click on the tune where you saved it..assuming you already wired in your dsp5 switch, now click the second red arrow (on the right at the top) in 7.5 to full flash the truck. Also, in efilive 7.5 you can go to help and see the writeup for the dsp5 installation. Hope this helps
-Kory

LBZoom
February 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Sounds like you may also have an issue of not having the latest software and firmware update possibly... Hope this helps you some!

bballer182
February 7th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Like Dmaxinc said the tune file you were sent from Rob was in *.ctd format which is by default opened with V8. Just right click on the file and choose "open with" > V7.5. Or start 7.5 first then open the file from within the tune tool.

Hawks Fan
February 13th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Yeup I saved it on the new version didn't work saved it on the old 7.5 and then sent it to Rob he redid them and went right through no problems.