PDA

View Full Version : Converter Locking @ WOT, why

Rhino79
February 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
My converter is locking at WOT no matter how high I raise the apply/release tables, what am I missing. It just started doing it with this Yank converter I assume because of the slip rpm.

Rhino79
April 9th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I just wanted to say that Ross dug deep and found some additional tables for WOT lockup and got me a .cal to fix me up. The day before I went to the track too! Works great and thank you for the help EFI support guys!

Low03noma
June 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Is it possible to get these files? I am having the same problem and would love to have the extra lockup tables!

GMPX
June 25th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Yes, I plan on adding these in for all the T42 OS's pretty soon.

Low03noma
June 26th, 2011, 05:40 AM

Thank you!!! I have a bunch of local trucks waiting for this.

joecar
June 26th, 2011, 07:36 AM
And on LS1B's (12212156, 12202088 to name just 2)...? :)

What tables are they...?

ScarabEpic22
June 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Have you found the TCC lockup tables for truck OSs that keep the converter locked even if you lift off the gas? Like the car OSs?

Jakes4321
June 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thank you!!! I have a bunch of local trucks waiting for this.

Same I am lookimg forward to this!!!

JoshH
April 17th, 2012, 06:16 AM

Hey Ross, what's the status on this? I'm about to add a switch so I can make my converter lock earlier, but if you've already mapped the tables, I would rather leave it in the hands of the TCM. Is there any way I could get a copy of those cal files?

Low03noma
April 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM
is there any way i could get a copy of those cal files?

x2 :)

JoshH
April 18th, 2012, 02:09 AM
I put a switch in last night. While it works, I would much rather have the consistency of the TCM controlling it. Was there a problem found that prevented the release of these tables? If not, I would really really appreciate if we could get access to them. Thanks.

Shupe
April 21st, 2012, 12:20 AM
Subscribed

Shupe
April 21st, 2012, 04:21 AM

Any idea if the additional tables for WOT lockup have been applied to all the T42 OS's yet?

GMPX
April 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
I had to go back and remind myself what they are, it was over a year ago we looked at this :doh2:. I must admit once Rhino79 got sorted out it was put on the back burner and forgotten about.
Now that we again have an auto updating/patch system in place for the software, small updates like this are easier.
I'll add it to the to do list for all the T42 OS's (that have the tables anyway). ETA could be a week or a few weeks, it's only 6 parameters so it's not too bad, just that there is 25 x T42 OS's to apply it to.

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/T42_TCC_WOT.png

Laychut
April 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I put a switch in last night. While it works, I would much rather have the consistency of the TCM controlling it. Was there a problem found that prevented the release of these tables? If not, I would really really appreciate if we could get access to them. Thanks.

Hi JoshH,
Are you able to post a schematic or the pinouts you used to hook up the switch for the Lock up?

Cheers,
Laychut

joecar
April 21st, 2012, 07:11 PM
I had to go back and remind myself what they are, it was over a year ago we looked at this :doh2:. I must admit once Rhino79 got sorted out it was put on the back burner and forgotten about.
Now that we again have an auto updating/patch system in place for the software, small updates like this are easier.
I'll add it to the to do list for all the T42 OS's (that have the tables anyway). ETA could be a week or a few weeks, it's only 6 parameters so it's not too bad, just that there is 25 x T42 OS's to apply it to.

Hi Ross,
Can those WOT TCC tables be added to the LS1B OS's, like 12212156 and 12202088...?

GMPX
April 21st, 2012, 10:45 PM
Assuming they exist, but it's been over three years now since I've looked at an LS1 PCM, I'll have to spend half a day remembering how to read 68332 assembly again. :ermm:

schwoch1
April 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Hi Ross,
Can those WOT TCC tables be added to the LS1B OS's, like 12212156 and 12202088...?
X2.... I know these are prehistoric PCM's by todays standards, but those tables would be of great help!!!

Mike

Low03noma
April 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM

You are my Hero!

ScarabEpic22
April 27th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Sounds good to me! BTW did you ever find out what table(s) control the truck vs car OS in regards to keeping the TCC locked at 0% TPS? Im running a weird combo of ECM and TCM OSs (none are MY 08 tunes) and it works, but Id rather run the stock 08 ECM and TCM tunes if there's a table/param that could be adjusted. Not sure if its even possible, think the conclusion on the LS1B stuff was that it wasnt and to use a car OS.

joecar
April 28th, 2012, 08:56 AM
+1, I was thinking the same question as Erik, table(s) for keeping TCC locked on throttle release.

LS1FREEK
June 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Subscribed! I also need this ASAP!

ScarabEpic22
June 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Subscribed! I also need this ASAP!

What, locking your converter at WOT? Its in the latest T42 cals, I imagine you're hoping for them to be added to the LS1B cals?

Still would LOVE to have the ability to keep the TCC locked with 0% TPS in truck tunes, running a car TCM OS only works for certain year vehicles!

Low03noma
June 7th, 2012, 10:08 AM
What, locking your converter at WOT? Its in the latest T42 cals, I imagine you're hoping for them to be added to the LS1B cals?

Still would LOVE to have the ability to keep the TCC locked with 0% TPS in truck tunes, running a car TCM OS only works for certain year vehicles!

When was this added? Cant believe i missed it!

Shupe
June 8th, 2012, 01:57 AM
+1, I was thinking the same question as Erik, table(s) for keeping TCC locked on throttle release.

Keeping TCC locked on throttle release would be GREEEEEAAAAAAT!!!

LS-SWAPPER
August 24th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Subscribed...

ScarabEpic22
November 24th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Bump from the past, would really love to have the ability to keep the TCC locked at 0% TPS...Im betting it'd drive some business towards EFILive because no one has it right now.

Boost
November 26th, 2012, 12:18 AM
What would be the main advantage of this Erik?

joecar
November 26th, 2012, 06:50 AM
When the TCC stays locked on throttle release, the vehicle feels different, more like a manual transmission vehicle...

and the TCC lockup delay is avoided on reapplying throttle

( of course this is all within envelope of the TCC apply/release tables )

ScarabEpic22
November 26th, 2012, 10:34 AM
What would be the main advantage of this Erik?

When the TCC stays locked on throttle release, the vehicle feels different, more like a manual transmission vehicle...

and the TCC lockup delay is avoided on reapplying throttle

( of course this is all within envelope of the TCC apply/release tables )

Exactly, highway driving is SO MUCH nicer when you can let off the gas if someone cuts you off then ease back into it and the converter is still locked. Especially with larger converters.

Boost
November 26th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Thanks guys, I guess I can see that. Wouldn't it be jerky though? I think our Cruze does that to save fuel and it's a little bit jerky.

joecar
November 27th, 2012, 04:50 AM
V8 fires every 90º (vs I4 fires every 180º) and has greater rotating mass/inertia...

also V8 has bigger displacement so it makes more torque starting from a lower rpm, this allows the TCC to be locked (and kept locked) at lower vehicle speed (i.e. torque multiplication is not needed so TCC can be locked)...

the low rpm engine torque balances nicely against vehicle mass/inertia (provides a very pleasing sensation during cruising).

Stroked250r
November 27th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Nothing on this yet? I read a post on another forum saying that HP Tuners has got the TCC unlock problem fixed...??

joecar
November 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Nothing on this yet? I read a post on another forum saying that HP Tuners has got the TCC unlock problem fixed...??Can you post a link to that.

Stroked250r
November 27th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Can you post a link to that.

Performance Trucks.Net...page 2 (http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/opinions-videos-how-your-stall-cam-combo-daily-drive-509704/page2/)

Lextech
November 27th, 2012, 01:02 PM
This is it. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41057

Jeff

Stroked250r
November 27th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Submitted a reply with a link to PT.net. Waiting for it to show up.

Boost
November 28th, 2012, 01:17 AM
I wouldn't care if HPT had 3d hologram maps for tuning and came with a massage :laugh:

V8 fires every 90º (vs I4 fires every 180º) and has greater rotating mass/inertia...

also V8 has bigger displacement so it makes more torque starting from a lower rpm, this allows the TCC to be locked (and kept locked) at lower vehicle speed (i.e. torque multiplication is not needed so TCC can be locked)...

the low rpm engine torque balances nicely against vehicle mass/inertia (provides a very pleasing sensation during cruising).

Thanks Joe, very well explained! So are you saying V8s are more balanced? Then what's up with the LS2 idle? :hihi:

(just being a smart arse)

N0DIH
November 28th, 2012, 02:54 AM
My DD (Lexus GS400) is a 4L V8 and it locks up the TCC low, as low as 1000 rpm at cruise. I can't get my 3800 Supercharged V6 at all to be smooth at that low rpm. I keep trying, but nothing I do works well at low rpms on a 3800.....