PDA

View Full Version : Open loop SD Tune Emissions Help.

Janke
February 7th, 2011, 10:30 AM
See page 2

joecar
February 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Do you have the EVAP system...?

Do you have front O2 sensors...?

What year/model/vehicle...?

What state...?

Do you have V1 or V2...?

Chevy366
February 7th, 2011, 12:04 PM
For reading enjoyment : http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13742-Emissions-not-readys&highlight=emissions
OFF ROAD USE ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janke
February 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys 04 chevy silverado Texas and v2 Sorry guess I should have provided a little more info.
I think I got it looking right. Now once flashed does it need to go through a certain amount of drive cycles?

joecar
February 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Offroad non-USA usage only.

Chevy366
February 8th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys 04 chevy silverado Texas and v2 Sorry guess I should have provided a little more info.
I think I got it looking right. Now once flashed does it need to go through a certain amount of drive cycles?
Yep , on and off cycles as well as run time .

Chevy366
February 8th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Offroad non-USA usage only.
SO true !

Janke
February 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Okay just for shits and giggles what would be the "proper" way to clear these things up if the vehicle no longer has these things like the o2s Or even better how would one troubleshoot evap issues? Any guess as to how many drive cycles or how much drive time?

joecar
February 8th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Follow the link in post #3 above, and then there see posts #7 and #8.

Off-road non-USA usage only.

Janke
February 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
That's exactly what I did.

Chevy366
February 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
For reading enjoyment : http://www.aa1car.com/library.htm
Never really questioned the Evap Canister , not ready state , seems it is the only one I ever get and have never checked if , when or why it clears .
Some cars and I am not saying this is one , have a not ready state on one emission related state from the factory , I guess that is why we get one to slide with . :nixweiss:

Janke
February 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
my next question is for sd tune , you have to keep your maf code at least the p0101 for your engine to go into sd settings . is there a way to have this not show up and still run so when they check dtc's it isnt there? Thanks for the link btw.

5.7ute
February 9th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately not. If you set this code to not reported you end up in some strange fuelling mode.

Janke
February 15th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Instead of start a brand new thread Ill just continue on with this one. I got all my emissions issues taken care of and got it on the road all legal and what not. I have a baseline tune that the truck runs and idles pretty good but there is little to no timing for safety. I read the calc.ve thread about 6 times and still dont understand what I need to do. I did a log with auto.ve. Im running e85 and 11-12 lbs of boost. Any help for a complete NOOB. Attached what I have so far.

WeathermanShawn
February 15th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Janke:

The CALC.VE won't really help you in this case. Its really only for vehicles that have the MAF Enabled, which obviously you don't.

The AUTOVE Tutorial is an excellent reference for obtaining the correct Airflow/AFR for an open-loop SD Tune. Personally, I would just start a new thread if you require assistance. The more specific information you can provide helps more than just a generalized statement about your Tune. Tell us where the problem exists and what you have done to correct it.

Threads tend to go slow this time of the year, so be prepared.

Good luck..

Janke
February 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I read and followed the autove tutorial. As you can see from the log I just was able to log street driven rpms. My cos has a boostve table in it as well, my question is that table refferenced once the vehicle goes into boost or how is that table used. One of the issues im having is stabbing the throttle it is very slow to react and when letting out of the gas rpms are slow to return. It also idles very high until it comes to a complete stop. I will continue to read and read looking for a good idle tutorial atm.

WeathermanShawn
February 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
They are all good questions..but a little out of my area of expertise.

If nothing else, I'll give your thread a bump!

Good luck..:).

O1Z06
February 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
As for the idle use this tutorial http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?149-Idle-%28Transition%29-Tuning
And for the high idle and slow response study this http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3568-Explain-throttle-cracker-and-follower..again!/page2

Hope that helps, it helped me.