PDA

View Full Version : STFT o2 Sensor

etmotorsports
February 7th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Attached is a log of a 2010 Camaro with a single turbo setup. I dialed in the VVE table using swingtans guide, which helped alot the car drives much better. And the a/f is consistent at wot.

Now another problem has came about, when the STFT are turned back on it all goes to south. The left and right trims are way off from each other, because when this system was built the moved them from left and right banks to the down pipe, look at the trims and what it does to the injector pulsewidth.

Any ideas on what to do i moved both sensors to the hot side of the system but same result.

swingtan
February 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Basically, it won't work. The general go with a single turbo is to remove the NB O2's all together. The ECM trims fuel an a "per bank" basis, so you cann't allow exhaust gas from one bank to influence the O2 sensor for the other bank. It makes the trimming go crazy and doesn't work. You could try and move the O2's to before the join in the exhaust and hope not too much gas from one bank finds it's way into the other. However I don't know of anyone that has actually made this work very well. Normally you just run full OL and have a nice AFR gauge on the dash to keep an eye on things.

Simon.

etmotorsports
February 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hum well, what about wiring the output from one sensor the Milli volt return to both on the ECM. I wonder if that would work? so the ecm only sees the same voltage for each sensor. This kit is made well no way to put it nicely but it is junk, there i no way for 1 o2 to not see exhaust from both sides. Not only are both o2s on the down pipe but they are way down under the car not right at the exit of the turbo. Where the wideband is now they didn't even have a spot for it except by the cats. Well i guess i need to get the vve table dead on then.