PDA

View Full Version : tuning my MAF

12sec.5.3
February 8th, 2011, 05:33 AM
So i started tuning my MAF after seeing how much of a huge difference just a 10% increase helped me. I logged freq. in hz and MAF in g/sec. and went in my tune to my MAF table and adjusted according to wt i was seeing in the scan. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly or not but I feel as though I'm on the right track. Only thing I'm seeing now is I'm running really rich. I've leaned it out in my PE x RPM table from 11.91 to 12.20 and still seeing like 10.9-11.2 on my WB.
My questions are:
1. Am I tuning my MAF correctly?
2. If the MAF is tuned close to perfect, will my AFR be close what I commanded?
3. Should I keep leaning out my PE x RPM table until I get to my desired AFR?

12sec.5.3
February 8th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Again disregard the date.

WeathermanShawn
February 8th, 2011, 06:03 AM
No, you are not tuning it correctly.:).

Even in PE/WOT Mode the best results are when you apply the AFR/EQ differences directly to the MAF Frequencies in Table B5001. Normally you plot a BEN vs MAF Freq, which gives an exact % difference.

Also, make sure B0701 CAT Protection is set to Disable. I am covering this entire topic in this thread:http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.

Since you hit the entire MAF Table with a 10% increase, you may simply need to lean out the upper portions of Table B5001. If you try to 'hack' the changes through B3618 your fueling will still be inaccurate.

I will look over your Tune & Log..

WeathermanShawn
February 8th, 2011, 06:14 AM
12sec:

If you can plot an AFR/EQ BEN, we could straighten out your problem pretty quick.

As long as your Injector Flow Rates/Table are accurate, its just a matter of 're-adjusting' your MAF Curve/Slope.

You were getting close to running out of MAF anyway, so it may just be a matter of lowering (-5%) from 8000 Hz up.

The Analog BEN Method is also discussed in the thread I mentioned.

Can you plot an AFR BEN for us?

EDIT: I am a little curious about your MAF Freq at WOT. If I am reading it right it looks like it is oscillating wildly at WOT. Do you see the same thing on your end?

joecar
February 8th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hi 12sec,

Is your MAF sensor and/or intake duct modified in any way...? Do you have any pics of the intake duct...?

What injectors do you have...?