PDA

View Full Version : Is the maf maxed looks like it?

etmotorsports
February 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM

swingtan
February 11th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'd say yes.....

etmotorsports
February 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Is there a way to fool it?

swingtan
February 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
No.

It measures actual airflow, so you are stuck with the 15000 HZ limit.

You can try and find an after market MAF that has a reset calibration to allow for greater airflow, but the 15000 HZ limit is a tune issue. Maybe there is a different OS with a higher limit? I'm not sure.

The thing is though, that at 15000HZ, you should be failing ver to the VVE table. So as long as the VVE is correct, then fueling should be OK.

Simon.

etmotorsports
February 11th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Not sure what you mean but if the maf fails it should use the VVE? I might just go full Speed density with this i have it now on 14 PSI or so and only 9 degrees or so of timing like you see there and it is up to 480 RWHP with a a/f of 9:1. The bad thing is the camshaft that is in this car sucks i am sure it is a big motor cam way to thumpy for a turbo setup. The company that built it wont tell the spec like it is secret, That kind of stuff really irritates me. Plus the other issues with the tune.

I don't want to but i think the only choice is build a full SD tune with no o2 sensors working and hope it will be as reliable as the gen III setups.

swingtan
February 11th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I'd probably do the same. Full SD tune but you can still use the O2's for cruising. To make the SD tune, you just fail the MAF like when setting up the VVE. The thing is that the stock tune will fail the MAF once the frequency exceeds 14500HZ. So if you get to 15000, the ECM will fail the MAF and drop into SD mode anyway.

I've heard of a few people that ended up using too big a cam on a turbo motor. They end up blowing intake charge straight out the exhaust in the lower RPM range, dropping torque and increasing fuel consumption. Big overlap cams simply don't work with FI on a street car. Check the idle MAP in neutral for and idea of the overlap. It looks like you are getting 60KPA in gear, which leads me to think the cam has too much overlap.

Simon.

etmotorsports
February 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah i can't use the o2 for cruising cause the idiots that built the turbo kit used a log manifold and put the front o2s in the down pipe so the read different and mess up the pulse width at idle once the max out at 30% the pulse width has to be the same so it idles fine. It is the wrong way 100% to tune a car but they built the kit they should know it is wrong.

Once the fuel is right in gear the kpa is around 70-72 and 58-60 in neutral. I know it has alot because at idle you can hear the car across the street with a turbo and a complete exhaust system with way too much pipe i will have to post a pic of it.

I had a twin turbo ford that made about 1300 HP at 22 PSI at the crank and it wasn't quite as loud as this car but made about 800 on 12 psi and felt like a freight train compared to this car, and i know the ls3 has better heads than the ford i had used.

etmotorsports
February 11th, 2011, 05:07 PM
and another thing that tells me the cam is wrong is the more boost that is made the power doesn't go up like it should, 4 psi with a turbo should be at least 80 RWHP but this only picks up 50-60

ringram
February 24th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Or a restrictive exhaust