PDA

View Full Version : dsp5 help

johnj
February 12th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Hi i just installed a dsp5 switch on an lb7 trk last nite and did the full reflash using the stock tune then did a reflash using the dsp tune that i made. Of corse my luck this did not work and when you turn the switch nothin happens. i used the scan tool an moniterd the voltage nothin there either. From the tutorial in efi on installing a dsp it says i need to wire an output? Right now all i have run is jst the two wires from the switch to the ecm. The tutorial kinda has me messed up do i need to send the ecm a 5v reference also and if so where should i pick it up at? sorry for the long post im just really lost

540diesel
February 12th, 2011, 04:31 AM
All you need to do is install the two wires into the ecm. Make sure you got the pins in all the way. Also double check you have the pins in the proper positions. If dsp5 voltage does not change when cheching it with the scan tool more than likely you have a installation issue, or possibly a bad switch but not likely. The dsp output is just for running a option like nitrous or water injection. You don't need to hook it up.

Hope this helps