PDA

View Full Version : BBx Cal Flash?

8100 Power
February 12th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Can you flash/read LMM trucks standalone now?

Tordne
February 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
You can definitely read with BBR now. The write bootloaders are included in the latest builds (in the latest pre-release versions). So it "should" work with both V8 pass-thru and V2 BBF. Please let us know if you have issues.

8100 Power
February 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I didn't successfully flash with the latest software, I could only read with BBX. Pass thru VIA V8 software worked fine for both read and flash..

I did program for the scripts to update, maybe it missed the flash script.

Tordne
February 15th, 2011, 09:42 PM
What error did you get with BBF?

8100 Power
February 16th, 2011, 07:12 AM
What error did you get with BBF?

The error that shows your .obj files are not valid? Not sure can't remember, but I [Programmed] via V8 to my V2 and then the read worked, but never the flash.

Tordne
February 16th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I've asked Paul or Ross to try BBF on an LMM (I don't have one handy ATM). I'll let you know when I get a response.

8100 Power
February 16th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I've asked Paul or Ross to try BBF on an LMM (I don't have one handy ATM). I'll let you know when I get a response.

It could very well be a user Error! :D

Tordne
February 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Unlikely. The only effect a user really has on a process like that is pressing the button and there's not much room for error there ;)

Blacky
February 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I just read and flashed an LMM using BBR/BBF, it worked perfectly.
Once thing that may be causing the problem is that we changed the code of the MM from "LMM" to "E35B" which is a more accurate controller designation.
In the BBx setup screen, you may need to double click each of the entries that refer to the LMM (and/or LBZ,LLY and LB7) controllers and make sure the correct controller type is selected for each of those controllers.
That will ensure the correct supporting files are transferred to the FlashScan/AutoCal device when you click [Program].
I also recommend formatting the Config file system (using the drop down selections on the [Program] button prior to programming the support files into FlashScan/AutoCal. That will remove any non-essential or out of date files.

FYI, these are the controller designation changes:
LB7 -> E54
LLY -> E60
LBZ -> E35A
LMM -> E35B
LML -> E86

Regards
Paul