PDA

View Full Version : New guy with DSP2 questions

Juniordiesel
February 13th, 2011, 09:28 AM
First let me say hello and I am very happy to finally be the owner of a EFI live V2. I messed around with canned tuners for a little while and never was satisfied. So I am finally getting rid of the DPF and installing the EFI hopefully this weekend.

Rob Coddens is doing my two free tunes that came with the purchase so I am waiting now on those, but wanted to read everything I could so I was prepared for the install.

I read the tutorial on "Installing the EFILive DSP2 & DSP5 Custom Operating Systems" but they are for the LB7 & LLY. Has any newer tutorials been done on the LMM or is their a thread that explains the install of the switch? Worried that the ECMs are different and the wire needs to be plugged into a different area.

I noticed in the tutorial for the LB7 & LLY that it talks about being able to switch tunes with the V2 (serial) instead of using the hard wired switch. Is that possible with the LMM? I'm not a pig fan of running wires and unplugging harness's unless I have to.

Just to make sure I understand clearly, the two position switch will change between the two different tunes (economy/towing) while the truck is running correct?

Thank you for any help you can give the new guy and look forward to playing with EFI!!

Ira
February 13th, 2011, 02:21 PM
There is a separate DSP tutorial for the LBZ/LMM. Look in Help=>turorials.

Ira

ScarabEpic22
February 13th, 2011, 06:55 PM
And no, you cannot switch tunes with the V2 on LBZ/LMMs, that is for LB7 and LLYs only.

Yes, that is exactly what DSPx does! Its great, have 2/5 tunes available on the fly. Flip a switch or turn a knob, and instantly go from a economy tune to a 200+ hp drag tune! (Depends on tuning, mods, ect. Results may vary! :D)

Juniordiesel
February 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Any recommendations on where to put the DSP2 switch? I am trying to keep it out of the way/out of site. I was thinking behind the drivers side fuse panel in the cab, but I would have to open the door, and remove the panel to switch tunes. Which wouldn't be that bad since I only plan on having two tunes and one of them would be a tow tune so I wouldn't use it very often.