PDA

View Full Version : Dynairtmp.dma

Steve O
February 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I have a 2003 Z06 and have been following along for several months now with attempting to tune the car after I installed a Vararam CAI w/ power bridge (MAF relocated to the TB) and a 160 stat. I purchased a mail order tune from two differenct vendors, but they were bothing running 10-15 + LTFT when I loaded them. LTFT were zeored out before new tune loaded.

So I have been following along trying to adjust the tune myself last summer using the CAlC VE tutorial and AUTO VE tutorial in attempt to get my MAF dialed in, with some but limited sucess. Now with the ongoing discussion about the CALC.VET I have more concerns.

Why doesn't the operating system on a 2003 Z06 (1293358) not have the Dynairtemp.dma that is used in the tutorials. It's frustrating from this point that I have to rely on using the calc pid, which is open to error on my part, as a newbie.

Others with older vehicles seem to have this in there OS. Am i missing something or is this pid just not available in my operating system. I have validated PIDS, but can always try that again if need be.

Can I upgrae my OS to obtain this PID or is there a way to add this PID to my operating system? I am using a LC1 serial wideband with it's own separate bung.

If a recall from prior posts, it appeared that the only way to add thise PID was for EFI Live to add it to the program. Is that still the only answer or is there other options.

Thanks,

Steve O
Williston, ND

Ninety8C5
February 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM
It's kind of weird that GM.DYNAIRTMP.DMA is not in your OS. A friend of mine has a 2003 Vette (OS 12225188) and it is a valid PID in that OS.

WeathermanShawn
February 13th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

Are you 100% certain the DYNAIRTMP.DMA is not available for your OS?

In any case you are in luck. There is a Calculated PID that will figure it out for you. Follow this thread:http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.&p=138263&viewfull=1#post138263

I have to work a midnight shift, so perhaps another forum member can walk you through if you need immediate assistance.

So, yes..you can now do CALC.VET..:).

Steve O
February 13th, 2011, 04:12 PM
No immediate assistance needed. Still snow on the ground here, but melting. Just trying to get things lined up for when I can get back out and finish tuning. I edited my original post for the operating system I have which is 1293358 and I think it was used in early production 2003 Z06's. LS6 with six speed.

Weatherman Shawn, in reponse to your post link above:

Note: EXAMPLE ONLY..This Table needs to be specific to your OS (if DYNAIRTMP.DMA) is not available.

How do I make this table specific to my operating system?

Thanks for the repsonses.

Steve O

WeathermanShawn
February 13th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Steve:

You have the same exact Look-Up table as the LS1 OS (Table B4901).

However I am pretty sure your OS has it. Look under the System Caption 'Tune'.

The Calculated DYNAIRTMP is extremely accurate..very comparable to the DMA Pid.

You would just use this calc_pids.txt file..

joecar
February 13th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Not all OS's have the GM.DYNAIRTMP pid.

Steve O
February 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Just for fun, I updated the current version of the software and V2 tonight. GM.DYNAIRTMP.DMA is an invalidated PID and not supported. So I hookedup V2 and my laptop to the car and validated pids and still no luck. Also selected DYNAIRTMP pid anyway and did short log at idle with no results. Just NA under the Data Tab. So I guess it would be safe to assume that this PID is not supported in my operating system.

I will give the calc_pids.txt mentioned above a try for the Calulated DYNAIRTMP once the streets clear up again this spring. I was using this before on the CalcVE tutorial but with mixed results.

Appreciate all the input and will keep you posted once I get back on the streets.

Steve O

WeathermanShawn
February 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Steve sorry the Pid is not available.

I know there have been issues with the Vararam CAI set-up on some on some Vets. If you have been through several Vendors and are having trouble controlling the LTFT's, then it is something to consider. Its all about turbulence near the MAF. Some Tuners have gotten better control of their Trims by avoiding anything that can disrupt the MAF Airflow.

Once the snow clears keep this in mind. If you are MAF closed-loop the single most important thing to do is to apply a sound technique to calibrating your MAF. The CALC VE Table & CALC VET does that. The resultant VE calculation is just an added bonus.

So you can always apply the MAF Calibration portion of the Tune even without DYNAIRTMP.

Good luck and hope for warmer weather!

joecar
February 14th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Steve,

In your tune file, look at table B4901 and see that it matches the lookup values in CLC-00-054 in the calc_pids.txt file above.

As Shawn pointed out, DYNAIRTMP only matters for the VE calculation, it does not influence the MAF correction at all.

redhardsupra
February 15th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Shawn, you're using MAF to calibrate MAT, what do you use to calibrate MAF?

WeathermanShawn
February 15th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Shawn, you're using MAF to calibrate MAT, what do you use to calibrate MAF?

Your only using DYNAIRTMP.DMA (MAT) when you are calculating the VE Table. You don't need DYNAIRTMP to calibrate the MAF.

joecar
February 15th, 2011, 05:50 AM
LTFT or WB are used to correct the MAF.

MAF, MAP, DAT(MAT), RPM are used to calculate VE which is then corrected using LTFT or WB.

Steve O
February 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Shawn and Joe, thanks for the input.

B4901 does match the look up values in the calculated PID.

Although the Vararam was highly recommended by several vendors and seems to get good reviews on the forums, I have given thought to changing to a different CAI. Will keep working on this spring and keep you posted. If I rule out everything else, I will look at changing it out.

Appreciate the help.

Steve

Gordy M
February 18th, 2011, 04:20 AM
[QUOTE=Steve O;138327]I have a 2003 Z06 and have been following along for several months now with attempting to tune the car after I installed a Vararam CAI w/ power bridge (MAF relocated to the TB) and a 160 stat. /QUOTE]

Veraram CAI are notorious for leaking air and become very difficult to properly tune. I would suggest you first make sure all the possible air leaks are sealed and then make another scan log. Last year a friend went through similar problems and that was his solution before he was happy with his tune.