PDA

View Full Version : Switching to MAF mode only possible?

MadMaxHSV
February 18th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Is there any way similar to HPT that you can force the ECM to run off the MAF only (no VE blending).

Is B2001 (Dynamic-air mode max RPM) able to effect this (which interestingly is set to 3600 on my stock LS2 tune)

joecar
February 18th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Yes, as I understand it, see B2001, B2002, set both of them low.

MadMaxHSV
February 18th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Cheers makes sense.

So on this logic my stock tune is going MAF only above 3600rpm as standard...interesting.

joecar
February 18th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Yes, from 3600 rpm upward, your MAF (and its plumbing) is considered to be stable.

swingtan
February 18th, 2011, 11:17 AM
All correct. I've played round with this and set the Hi Speed air Flow mode down to 600rpm and it worked well.

Just remember that there is a reason that the VE is used to help "smooth" airflow changes. If you happen to have an after market cam that increases reverberation at low RPM, the VE can help. It would actually be very nice to have a MAF-VE blending table so we could adjust the blending between the MAF and the VE. Actually, I'd love to have a 3D blending table with RPM and MAP on the axis, so you could adjust weather the MAF or the VE is used depending on the engine load. That would be extremely cool.

Simon

joecar
February 18th, 2011, 11:53 AM
+1 I'd love to have those tables too :cheers:

MadMaxHSV
February 18th, 2011, 12:09 PM
+1 would be great especially with the OS limits of g/sec for the MAF tables. (don't suppose there will be an OS patches to address this?)

Reason I ask originally is to calibrate another MAF. Disabling VE blending would give more accurate results when logging BEN's.