PDA

View Full Version : New to EFIlive

tturck500
February 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hello, everyone Im new to the site and new to EFIlive. I have an '01 duramax with the LB7 engine. I bought the tuner because I was curious about changing parametes in the trucks ECM. Does anyone have a good source for downloading tunes for this engine? I have found one but it is not reconmended for the stock transmission so i've been looking at it next to my stock program and editing it accordinly, any help is appreciated!

THEFERMANATOR
February 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM
For an 01 the best thing you can do is full flash in a 6006 02 operating system. I built up a max effort for a stock trans tune over at thetruckstop.us. Also do a search for teh Mcrat 20/20 tow tune as it is a basic guidleline to get your feet wet for tuning.

tturck500
February 22nd, 2011, 05:38 AM
I will research the 6006 flash then, thanks. Im mainly looking for a tune for the most fuel mileage, know of any?

THEFERMANATOR
February 23rd, 2011, 04:47 AM
If you join at thetruckstop.us and go in and download the max stock trans safe tune I put over there and drive it easy, it should help out your milage some. The first half of the throttle in it is built up for milage and driveability and doesn't really come into the power until half throttle on. I'm probably going to be putting in a milage based tune over there soon as well that will be just a small tune but with optimised timing and such for milage if driven easy.

tturck500
February 23rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
Great, i will sign up for sure. Always interested in trying new tunes, thanks alot!

THEFERMANATOR
February 23rd, 2011, 06:41 AM
I just uploaded a script over there for a 20% over economy based tune I built up.