PDA

View Full Version : Does B0141 actually do anything 2

Hooter
February 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Im tuning a LS3 E38 6.2L Holden HSV Clubsport, and having trouble with Commanded Fuel, and have a dangerous situation where I cant get either a richer Commanded Fuel to cut in under 97kpa, and cant get PE to cut in under 55%TPS
It doesnt matter what TPS thresholds I set, eg 10%TPS, it makes no difference.
The trouble is, you can (on dyno) sit at say 3000rpm and bring load up to say 90kpa and be at 40%tps, resulting in glowing extractors, knock, but still in Closed loop at 14.63 Commanded AFR.
Im trying to get my Commanded AFR's to change at approx 85kpa, but I cant get out of Closed Loop. I could live with this, if I could get my PE to enable earlier, either by MAP, or MAC, but those maps arent available..........and the TPS doesnt seem to make any difference at all.
B0141 is all set at 14.63 at the Coolant range I am in, and my Valve temps are approx 150C
Im not using any Ethonal so B0141 x B0146 x B0148 should = AFR, but I can make B0146 all 1.14 above 85kpa at all Valve Temps, and I can make B0148 1.14 above 85kpa at all rpm, and it makes no difference at all.
For many, it would be quite easy to miss this, as many would go straight to power runs, and be full throttle where there is no problem.
Incidentally,the car is a manual transmission, using std factory MAF and because my STFT's are very close at idle and all cruise speeds, I have not touched Virtual VE table at all, and have only changed B3618 PE Commanded Fuel to achieve a good straight AFR line of 12.8
Also TPS shows approx 83% at WOT
The cam I am using is 228 and 232 @ 050 and am getting 425 hp at treads consistently running 22 degrees spark ( I will start another thread about spark problems I am also having)
Can anyone see what I am missing or doing wrong
This is only my 2nd LS3 E38 tune,( I had the same problem with No1 as well) but have done many LS1, and L67 (Super 6), 5L Holdens etc and am very familiar with PE, Open loop, etc but I cant seem to activate it in E38, and it spins me out that even "the std factory" tunes, run engines in Closed loop at 14.63 up to 97kpa. Its always been standard practice to fatten things up after 85kpa
With manual trans it is very easy to drive at 90 to 95 kpa up hills etc and this is dangerous territory at stoich.
Any help appreciated.

swingtan
February 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
You need to go through the tune with a fine tooth comb.......

I see where you are coming from and I actually changed the stock PE parameters so that PE is entered at any RPM / TPS providing MAP passes a certain pressure. I like it that way and feel the engine responds better than the factory method of only enabling PE with high TPS.

Now the big secret.... actually it's not that big as I posted about this nearly 3 years ago. In the E38 tunes, the PE TPS tables do not directly relate to the scanned ETC-TPS PID in ScanTool. Here's the post...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?8104-Power-Enrichment&p=71065&viewfull=1#post71065

That should fix you up.