PDA

View Full Version : Scanning not saving

pavetim
February 21st, 2011, 11:55 AM
I have some allison 5 speed logs setup. I use the pids for allison and a few from the lb7 like vss, rpm. Now this never seems to save when I BBL. thats the only time I have a problem is when I try to get the trans data. If I log engine and trans like with the preselected pids it always saves fine. Is there something i'm missing here?

pavetim
February 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Yup did it again, got it to save directly to my SD card figured maybe that was the problem. Logged like an hour and a half of good data today, and got 2KB of logs on my SD card, this thing is pissing me off all this wasted time and diesel, anybody know whats going on with it? Somethings up with it even the few seconds it logged its showing a TIS (trans input rpm) of over 7000 rpm, on a diesel.

Tordne
February 21st, 2011, 07:30 PM
The 2KB thing is occurring because the log is not being closed properly. This is going to be caused by the data filesystem becoming full, or power being removed from the device before exiting the logging session. Those are the only scenarios where that occurs.

joecar
February 22nd, 2011, 03:38 AM
Tim, how do you terminate a BBL logging session...?

pavetim
February 22nd, 2011, 04:07 AM
I do it the same as I do anything other time I hit the cancel button. It saves it every other time just not when I log my tcm data. What is the proper way to close it out? It even says saved as ...... And gives a filename

joecar
February 22nd, 2011, 05:16 AM
That's the correct way.

pavetim
February 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Tried some.more logging today and seen it stays on frame 1 doesn't go anything further than that. But when I log the preconfigured ones it saves fine. Can it be the way I configured it? I used allison and lb7 controllers cause the preconfigured allison log doesnt log vss which is needed. So I created my own using allison tcm and lb7 pids.

joecar
February 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Tim, post your Options.txt file here.

pavetim
February 22nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah Joe thats my problem cause there isn't anything in the config files for it. Of course cause I made the extra ones and didn't realize I needed to add them in. What do I need to do, can I just copy and paste and rename them to what i want? The one I made is Allison5 if you look in there.

pavetim
February 22nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Actually I just looked thru everything and the V8 automatically does the options file. It all looks correct to me, so i'm hoping one of you pro's can help me out here as to whats up with it.

joecar
February 23rd, 2011, 04:02 AM
Tim, which particular pid-lists shown in your Options.txt fail to save...?

pavetim
February 23rd, 2011, 04:14 AM
The allison5 pids list.

Tordne
February 23rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
I just added the FRP_C PID to the 'Allison5' PID list and save the Options.txt file. I then closed and reopened the EFILive Scan and Tune application and reopened the Options.txt file and the PID list still reflected my changes. I will say however that I am using a software version later than the public pre-release but would be surprised if an error in that portion of the software was present in 8.1.2 Build 127 or later.

Can you please confirm your V8 software version?

joecar
February 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
The allison5 pids list.

These ones (which particular one):

LB7-AL5|, Y, LB7&AL5, ...
Allison5|, Y, LB7&AL5
AL5|, Y, AL5
LLY-AL5|, Y, LLY&AL5

pavetim
February 23rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
The allison5 one, thats the one I made. Its not that its not savings the pids, its only savings 1 frame (2kb) of logging data

pavetim
February 24th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I have build 127 and 139 so I have all the updated stuff.

Tordne
February 24th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Gotcha, I wasn't interpreting that from your posts sorry. When you are actually logging do you see the frame counter increasing at all? If not then one of the PIDs will be causing a problem for some reason. In this case I would ask that you please update to the pre-release version posted here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15552-January-31st-2011-pre-release-%28Updated-Feb-03-2011%29) (software and firmware).

If you are not exiting the log before powering off FlashScan it is expected you'll get a 2KB file with just the header and PID names as the file is not being closed off properly on removal of power.

pavetim
February 24th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah it goes to frame 1 and stays there. It could be one of the pids, i'll have to get rid of them one at a time, not sure why it would be though, it shows all the pids I have selected are supported, but i'll give that a shot and see what happens.