PDA

View Full Version : Pass inspection in Speed Density?

DPS
February 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Has anyone successfully passed a state inspection (OBD2 plug in) while running in speed density? Basically, is it possible to remove the MAF and have it not report but still successfully put the car in SD?

I'd rather not have to run a 2nd PCM or a dual flash PCM if I can avoid it.

The car:
2004 GTO
Single turbo
5.3L

Thanks,
Brad

joecar
February 22nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
To run in SD a MAF DTC has to be present (required in order to failover to the VE table).

If any DTC's are present, the OBD scan part of the test will fail.

Where are you located...?

DPS
February 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
I'm in NY.

When I was posting this up I thought to myself: "There is greater than a 50% chance that joecar will respond first. I should probably just pm him." :hihi:

-Brad

joecar
February 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Lol... :cheers:

minytrker
February 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
I have tuned several cars in SD that have passed ODBII inspection.

DPS
February 23rd, 2011, 12:26 AM
Care to elaborate? I'm all ears :beer:

joecar
February 23rd, 2011, 04:55 AM
Do any states that do the OBDII scan allow any DTC's...?

DPS
February 23rd, 2011, 06:12 AM
I think a DTC is ok in NY as long as it isn't keeping more than the allowed number of monitor tests from completing. A MIL is not ok however.

On this particular vehicle I'm allowed to have one monitor test incomplete and still pass. With a MAF not present I wonder if I could turn the MIL off. The monitor tests are below. I could potentially see the ones in bold being a problem without a MAF. If the car was a 2000 or older I would be allowed to have 2 incomplete monitor tests.

Misfire (continuous)
Fuel Trim (continuous)
Comprehensive Components (continuous)
Catalyst (CAT)
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)
Evaporative (EVAP)
Oxygen (O2) Sensor
Secondary Air
Heated Catalyst
Air Conditioning (AC) System
O2 Sensor Heater

joecar
February 23rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
Yes, you can turn the MIL off for that DTC.

FT should come ready in MAF-failed mode.
CC I don't know if this covers MAF.

minytrker
February 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Care to elaborate? I'm all ears :beer:

I dont know all the states that i have done tunes for and passed off the top of my head, I know Texas & New Mexico for sure though. You are just going to have to do some research, not to many people are going to post on a forum how to cheat emissions. From the list you posted that NY checks, your car can pass IMO in SD.

joecar
February 23rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Give it a try.

Sid447
March 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
SD with closed loop,

and just set P0102 to NO MIL (leave the maf tables -C2901 to 10 as stock) and give it a try at a nice user-friendly inspection station!