PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy repinning tools?

Supercharged111
February 23rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
I've been to the site before, but I'm failing at the search and google tonight. Can anyone point me in the direction? I got my red and blue connectors at the junkyard, so now all I need is the tool to pin my 411 in place of my blackbox. :cucumber:

mr.prick
February 23rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
Ballenger Motorsports (http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/)

Supercharged111
February 24th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Crap, which one would I need?

Taz
February 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hello Supercharged111,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
If you just want to remove the pins / wires from the 4 Vortec PCM connectors, and port them over to the 2 LS1-B style connectors (i.e. 0411 swap) - you really don’t require any special tools.<o:p></o:p>
The pins pull straight out the back of the connector, once you release the plastic locking tab on the other side - I generally use a small screwdriver and / or my fingers. If you first remove the Red and Blue pieces of plastic from the LS1-B connectors, the “locking” mechanism for the pins will become readily apparent. Same goes for the Vortec connectors (Blue / Red / Clear / Black).<o:p></o:p>
Installation is a simple “push to seat” exercise.<o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Taz

ChipsByAl
February 24th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Also you might need a small sharp pick, like a thin ice pick. If you run across a location that did not have a previous terminal installed, to puncture through the rubber seal.
Al

Supercharged111
February 24th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds like the Toyota connectors, how fragile are they? I'd hate to screw one up. The red/blue also requires the wires removed as I diked the harness in the junkyard though I couldn't care less about breaking the locks on the Vortec connectors. I ground a somewhat sharp end onto a paperclip to get into the smaller wires on my Toyota connectors to repin those. This is going to be a lot quicker than I thought, I just need to cough up $100 for a license and bang it out in 1 day. Sounds like I already have everything I need.

LSRacing
February 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM
www.eficonnection.com (http://www.eficonnection.com) Mike has all the correct gm tools for sale. repin and crimp if you still need them.

Doc
February 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Hey, freebie here: Next time you change your wiper blades save the metal backing shims. Couple sec on a grinder and you have a really fine point, strong tool custom to your application. That's about as "Green" as I get. LOL.

L31Sleeper
February 28th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I just used the 45* pick from my Snap-On pick set. The 0411 PCM swap was the BEST thing I've done.
That enabled my to use EFI Live's COS 5

One day ?? I did mine on my lunch break.

L31Sleeper
February 28th, 2011, 07:25 PM
This Might Help 0411 Swap Article (http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html)

Supercharged111
February 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM
About what I expected it to be, but that was very in depth! I say 1 day because of the crank relearn I keep neglecting to read up on and I anticipate to screw up some mundane detail and take forever to figure it out.