PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with $050B Error

razorback_jd
February 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM
First off, I'm a newbie... so I apologize upfront if I'm using the wrong terms! I recently bought/received shipment of a new AutoCal from a tuner. I'm struggling with a Error $050B code "Script file not supported by current firmware version"... when I attempt to read the factory settings from my vehicle (2008 GMC Denali 6.2L). I'm running all the current software/firmware from what i can tell from reading up on this forum....

EFILive Version 8.1.2 Build 142
Autocal V2 boot block version 2.07.01
Autocal V2 firmware version 2.07.06

I found the posting below... and followed Blacky's direction regarding update of the *.obj files... both "manually" using the EFI explorer and semi-automatically using the scan & tune app... still NO LUCK, same error.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14554-error-code-050B

I've attached the "options.txt" file that the tuner directions indicated should be used.

What the heck am I doing wrong here???

Signed,
Frustrated Okie

Tordne
February 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Support for AutoCal is provided directly by your tuner. The simple reason for this is that you have engaged the tuner to provide you with a tuning service, the AutoCal is simply the method for delivery of that service. As part of the service the AutoCal device will have been specifically configured by the tuner and if we give you advise which changes that configuration in any way it may cause a subsequent issue for delivery of this service.

Your issue should be simply resolved in consultation with the tuner and relates to the firmware and versions of the script files on your AutoCal device being out of sync with one another.

razorback_jd
February 27th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Understood. I will work with the tuner.

L31Sleeper
February 27th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Support for AutoCal is provided directly by your tuner. The simple reason for this is that you have engaged the tuner to provide you with a tuning service, the AutoCal is simply the method for delivery of that service. As part of the service the AutoCal device will have been specifically configured by the tuner and if we give you advise which changes that configuration in any way it may cause a subsequent issue for delivery of this service.

Your issue should be simply resolved in consultation with the tuner and relates to the firmware and versions of the script files on your AutoCal device being out of sync with one another.

I never thought about it like that.